You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ash

The docs and creative teams are working on the Affinity Photo Workbook as we speak  B) (((release date tbc)))

Hey AD Staff, are you going to create a similar book for Affinity Photo?  I really like what you did with the Affinity Designer Work book and will go through over this weekend.

Yes, they are. See the quote above. I'm also really looking forward to buy it. :)

I bought the book last year, waited two months but can not received it.

Could you please give me some advice to buy the book again for Chinese user? 

The Affinity Store Help and Support page indicates that you should send an email to affinityorders@serif.com.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

I bought the book last year, waited two months but can not received it.

Could you please give me some advice to buy the book again for Chinese user? 

We have had to stop delivering to China. as we had so many problems. Despite the high delivery charge by our fulfilment service it was unreliable. I will see if there is anything that can be done. We do deliver to Hong Kong if you can get it posted on by someone there. We could attempt another delivery manually, but the lead time is over a month and Amazon fulfilment tend not to supply tracking on these orders, making them very frustrating from your part and ours.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Moderator: "We have had to stop delivering to China. as we had so many problems. Despite the high delivery charge by our fulfilment service it was unreliable. I will see if there is anything that can be done. We do deliver to Hong Kong if you can get it posted on by someone there. We could attempt another delivery manually, but the lead time is over a month and Amazon fulfilment tend not to supply tracking on these orders, making them very frustrating from your part and ours."

I am an American living in Southern California and my wife is from China. We send packages to China periodically. I too have had many reliability issues delivering to China. This is an internal problem in that country.

I have learned Federal Express can deliver to China reliably. Since using them I haven't experienced a single problem getting a package to it's destination. Federal Express does not depend on Chinese services for final delivery as is the case with other delivery services. Federal Express may also prove useful for delivering to other, more difficult-to-deliver-to countries. ~ Hope this helps.

Lohnt es sich wenigstens? Hab damit auch schon geliebäugelt. Würde mich eher interessieren was noch so für Themen enthalten sind.

Die enthaltenen Themen hat MikeW ja netterweise bereits aufgezeigt. - Ob es sich für jeden lohnt kann ich (noch) nicht sagen, da hier jeder individuell sicher auch andere Ansprüche an solche Bücher hat. Ich selber bin z.B. eigentlich kein Designer, schaue aber gerne auch einmal über den Tellerand hinaus. Persönlich mag ich halt auch gerne einmal ein gedrucktes Buch lesen und wenn es dazu dann auch noch gut und mit Leidenschaft gemacht ist, um so besser!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

is the price not include the shipping anymore?

kyk0525

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums

The price never included the shipping, it is extra and variable amounts around the globe.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...

Gtranslate:

Bought on the Amazon on March 1, today came the book. The edges of the book are slightly bent. The page "chapter 1" wiped off the paint. All the rest in excellent form! Now I will learn English and "affinity designer" :lol:

Спасибо!

Dear Affinity 

I recently purchased one of your workbooks on affinity designer and it looks great inside the only problem is my one has a slight defect on the binder bit which I saw when I opened the package today. Picture included. I bought it directly from your website so please can you replace it.

Kind regards

Alex

• 1 month later...

Ash, when will it be available in the iBook store? I am trying to eliminate all books I have to carry around. Happy to pay, I appreciate the hard work and look forward to studying this guide. Thanks

Total aside, but I'm starting to lean in the opposite direction. I've gone almost exclusively ebook over the last 2-3 years, and, while convenient, I've come to feel that I miss the weight and heft of real books. Laying back at night and reading your tablet just doesn't have the same comfy, homey feel as doing the same with a book.

...unless you're reading a Stephen King novel. Those things are heavy enough to break a sternum.

Total aside, but I'm starting to lean in the opposite direction. I've gone almost exclusively ebook over the last 2-3 years, and, while convenient, I've come to feel that I miss the weight and heft of real books. Laying back at night and reading your tablet just doesn't have the same comfy, homey feel as doing the same with a book.

...unless you're reading a Stephen King novel. Those things are heavy enough to break a sternum.

I'm guessing that you don't actually own a copy of the Affinity Designer Workbook! stirthepot.gif

Alfred spacer.png

I really hope you do a matching book for Affinity Photo, I would buy that right away. I love learning from books, especially ones written by the developers of the app as you get to know so many 'gems' of information and it's good to be taught by the people that made the program. I know there are video tutorials and guides online, but for me, nothing beats a good book.

I really hope you do a matching book for Affinity Photo, I would buy that right away. I love learning from books, especially ones written by the developers of the app as you get to know so many 'gems' of information and it's good to be taught by the people that made the program. I know there are video tutorials and guides online, but for me, nothing beats a good book.

We've been told that an Affinity Photo Workbook is coming, but with no public ETA. If it's anything like the Affinity Designer Workbook, it won't be written by the developers.

Alfred spacer.png