You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ash

Ahahaha!

The religious schism!  :)

And I stand by that schism firmly :D

Mac print publishing X-Press & Adobe hostage, cooking on extrem high level, subscribing with joy to US Cooks Illustrated & Foreign Affairs, the british Spectator and the swiss Weltwoche - absolute incompatible publications 

I received the workbook here in Brazil today. My congratulations to the team that designed it!

Unfortunately I won't congratulate the Orders team. I ordered it on November 22, so that's 45 days. They need to make some changes if they want to be honest with customers:

1) Stop saying that the internationaly shipping takes 5-7 business days. It doesn't. If this is the case with specific countries, make it clear.

2) Allow customers to track the order directly. Depending on someone taking a screen shot and sending an e-mail is nonsense. And it takes several days because you are so slow in replying.

3) Stop asking so much money (US$ 20) for 45-day shipping. You are charging premium for the slowest delivery around.

This is the end of a painful e-mail exchange with the Orders team which is doing a bad job. They are slow and only seem to answer after making my complaints public through this forum. Pretty bad customer policy.

I believe it's important that everybody knows about this.

I received the workbook here in Brazil today. My congratulations to the team that designed it!

That's what counts - you got the excellent book finally - enjoy!

Mac print publishing X-Press & Adobe hostage, cooking on extrem high level, subscribing with joy to US Cooks Illustrated & Foreign Affairs, the british Spectator and the swiss Weltwoche - absolute incompatible publications 

Unfortunately I won't congratulate the Orders team. I ordered it on November 22, so that's 45 days. They need to make some changes if they want to be honest with customers:

1) Stop saying that the internationaly shipping takes 5-7 business days. It doesn't. If this is the case with specific countries, make it clear.

2) Allow customers to track the order directly. Depending on someone taking a screen shot and sending an e-mail is nonsense. And it takes several days because you are so slow in replying.

3) Stop asking so much money (US$ 20) for 45-day shipping. You are charging premium for the slowest delivery around.

This is the end of a painful e-mail exchange with the Orders team which is doing a bad job. They are slow and only seem to answer after making my complaints public through this forum. Pretty bad customer policy.

Well, I got my on time (Sweden). Arround 5-6 days.

It seems something other is wrong.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Stop asking so much money (US$ 20) for 45-day shipping. You are charging premium for the slowest delivery around.

US$20 is probably not unreasonable for shipping to Brazil if it takes less than two weeks to get there, but as it has taken more than six weeks they clearly haven't delivered (sorry!) on their promises and I think they should refund the shipping charges.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

US$20 is probably not unreasonable for shipping to Brazil if it takes less than two weeks to get there, but as it has taken more than six weeks they clearly haven't delivered (sorry!) on their promises and I think they should refund the shipping charges.

Yes, that's exactly what I think. I thought the US$20 was fair, but I was expecting priority posting, not snail mail.

Ordered on Dec 30... arrived today, thé AD Workbook. Yeah!!

As a study book it's not very practical with the hard cover, can't really keep it open when placed beside my MacBook. Nevertheless, I Love it!  ;)

Hey @MacRemco,

I got one of those elevators and bent it so its at a nice working angle and slid the ADW in front of it and it keeps the pages open as you can see attached.

The side view is there.

Its cool to have it by me as I work through the projects.

Yep, I'm loving the ADW too  ;)

Hope it helps!

Michael

macandadw.jpg?dl=0macandadwside.jpg?dl=0

------
AD 1.7.1, AP 1.7.1;Hhave ADW, Serif PagePlus X8 and X9 on an old PC
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Wacom Intuos 5 Pro (wireless - without lagging).

Visit my site: TechniSmart (when I ever find time to work on it)

• Staff

Paul Vonnahme

I bought and received my book yesterday. Looks great and should be fun. I'm in Japan and was having problems getting past the secure part of the site for downloading the source files. I understand the full path but couldn't get it to work. I  tried various browsers and different computers, but I solved myself. I was using the full path including the filename on subsequent pages. These downloadable files only need this style like http://affin.co/example no more and no less as found on these pages

• P69. for Coreskills
  • P126 for Panther
  • P150 for Skyline
  • etc for each chapter
Hope this helps

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums :)

Thanks for your helpful contribution to this conversation, sorry I had to remove the explicit links but I think it is still good guidance.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

...Affinity Publisher will be out as a public Beta this year. There's no specific eta as far as i know.

Hi Miguel,

I use PPX9, but is there even an APu feature list floating around so we can see if it will be a likely replacement?

Michael

------
AD 1.7.1, AP 1.7.1;Hhave ADW, Serif PagePlus X8 and X9 on an old PC
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Wacom Intuos 5 Pro (wireless - without lagging).

Visit my site: TechniSmart (when I ever find time to work on it)

I use PPX9, but is there even an APu feature list floating around so we can see if it will be a likely replacement?

From previous discussions, it's clear that the first retail version of Affinity Publisher will be fairly basic and it will be some years before the app has capabilities similar to those of PagePlus X9.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Same thing happened to me, paid $20 shipping, it was advertised as 5-7 business days and it took almost a month. In fact, my order arrived in my country within a week of purchase but the local courier withheld it for another 3 weeks before delivering it to my house.

I gave the same feedback to the team at Affinity but no one seems to have listened to my feedback and now it affected you as well.

Same thing happened to me, paid $20 shipping, it was advertised as 5-7 business days and it took almost a month. In fact, my order arrived in my country within a week of purchase but the local courier withheld it for another 3 weeks before delivering it to my house.

I gave the same feedback to the team at Affinity but no one seems to have listened to my feedback and now it affected you as well.

This would be an issue with the carrier and not Serif specifically. Once it leaves their warehouse / office it is out of their hands, literally.  Were you given a tracking number to track the package, if so you could contact the carrier directly and see if they could reimburse the shipping to you that you paid.  I don't know how that works with over seas delivery but here there is a certain window and if they don't make it in that time then you can ask for reimbusement of the accelerated delivery UNLESS it is just regular mail or ground then you get it when you get it.

This would be an issue with the carrier and not Serif specifically. Once it leaves their warehouse / office it is out of their hands, literally.  Were you given a tracking number to track the package, if so you could contact the carrier directly and see if they could reimburse the shipping to you that you paid.  I don't know how that works with over seas delivery but here there is a certain window and if they don't make it in that time then you can ask for reimbusement of the accelerated delivery UNLESS it is just regular mail or ground then you get it when you get it.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying, Rubs was giving feedback to serif saying they shouldn't advertise on their website that items will arrive within 5-7 business days to international sellers when in fact it doesn't, and that they should give tracking codes to customers so they can try to locate their package.

I had the same issue before Rubs' order - where I purchased the book and paid $20 for shipping thinking that it was priority mail when in fact it was regular shipping that took 4 weeks to deliver (approx 24 business days). I had to email serif back and forth to get updates when they could have just given me a tracking code so that I could cut out the middleman and talk directly to Amazon about my order.

I gave all the same feedback Rubs did a month prior to his/her purchase, but seems like no one listened. At the end of the day, the same mistakes were made - I wasn't too pleased with the whole purchase process and things could have gone a lot smoother for Rubs if customer service at Serif took note of feedback and improved upon suggestions. 

I'm not trying to be a prick or anything, I'm happy with my book, but slightly disappointed to see someone else go through the same frustrations I did when it could have easily been avoided with simple things like changing their website to reflect a realistic delivery estimate, handing customers tracking codes etc.