You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ash

I ordered the first week and I have not received it.

The book first became available more than a month ago, so it sounds as though it got lost in the post. I think you should email affinityorders@serif.com and ask them to send you another copy.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone, received their book yet?  I ordered the first week and I have not received it.

I don't mind waiting but I want to be sure nothing has gone wrong.

If one of the staff take not to this, can you respond to me through my email if I should have received.

Otherwise, I will continue to wait.

Sorry to contact this way,  I hunted for an avenue but really couldn't find an alternative.

Thanks, (just can't wait to learn some new stuff)

Atira

You can email affinityorders@serif.com as described in the email order confirmation. They will be able to see if it has been dispatched, but as most are dispatched within 24 hours it probably has. After that we have no tracking unless it is going to a different country in which case we do get to know when it arrives in that destination country, but no more afaik.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

A helpful reminder when the discount for the workbook would have been appreciated, rather than just saying for a limited time and leave people guessing. Responses to emails from customers would also be appreciated.

I had an email yesterday saying my full-price book had been despatched. Excellent. However, my account said 'pending'. Then I get a message today saying my book has been despatched. Eh? Thought it already had been.

Seems to be a lack of communication between marketing and website developers. Reading some other posts, it all seems a bit slapdash and amateurish, in stark contrast to the software itself.

Hopefully, things will improve.

I've just picked up my book which was sent to Sweden address (and arrived there in 5-6 days), because it couldn't be send to Macedonia.

Thank you very much, it is wonderful book. I'm looking forward for Photo book, but this time I preffer to get it on my Macedonian address.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

I ordered it direct, but for some reason I am one of those countries you can't deliver to, even though it accepted the order and then had to go through refunding and back to square one. Oh well.

<rant>

So I am told by Serif that I could try Amazon, although, they could not get it to accept the order when they tried for me. Amazon accepts the order, but instead of paying 44.95 Euros + 9.95 Euros S & H, I now get to pay $49.99 + $4.98 + Ocean freight $30 + local delivery $10.00. So I now get to pay $94.97 for my Workbook by doing a global workaround all because you don't ship to my country. 

Plus, it will most likely be gridlocked with all the Christmas rush of store merchandise coming from the mainland. So I will most likely not get to see my much-needed and highly anticipated coffee table book (which will spend no time on the coffee table, btw), until maybe mid-January--if I am lucky.

</rant>

My point being... 54.95 Euro vs $94.97 with a late delivery. Maybe a rethink on warehousing and logistics.

Finally, why not place some sample pages online so we can at least see the format? I don't anyone will bother to pirate a few random pages.

Thanks for listening

Michael

------
AD 1.7.1, AP 1.7.1;Hhave ADW, Serif PagePlus X8 and X9 on an old PC
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Wacom Intuos 5 Pro (wireless - without lagging).

Visit my site: TechniSmart (when I ever find time to work on it)

My point being... 54.95 Euro vs $94.97 with a late delivery. Maybe a rethink on warehousing and logistics.

Finally, why not place some sample pages online so we can at least see the format? I don't anyone will bother to pirate a few random pages.

Ouch! It's a beautiful book, but I'm not sure I would have been willing to pay $95 for it (even though $40 of that, or nearly half, covers the delivery charges).

There are sixteen double-page spreads displayed in the slider near the bottom of this page.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi, guys!

Just to let you know, my copy of the book had this detail. Fortunatley enough it's seems I'm not missing anything:

Designer_Workbook_1.jpg

Designer_Workbook_2.jpg

Designer_Workbook_3.jpg

Best regards!

• Staff

ivanl, 

Embedding an SVG file as a document is mentioned in the Lace Frame Galleries 2 project.

In terms of templates, by looking at the link you added, might you be referring to our Symbols feature which was introduced in the Designer 1.5 release? This is also covered in the workbook in the Tix App 1 project.    

Regards

Andy Capstick

Having a similar problem, but in my case I don't see Puerto Rico listed in the shipping options...

Hi chepo1956, Try getting it shipped to Miami and pay a freight forwarder to San Juan. I can tell you my freight forwarder if it helps.

PR is a free associated territory of US, so I am surprised.

Wish you well. 

PS: I just rerouted mine to overnight air, as I can't wait. 

------
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Ouch! It's a beautiful book, but I'm not sure I would have been willing to pay $95 for it (even though $40 of that, or nearly half, covers the delivery charges).

There are sixteen double-page spreads displayed in the slider near the bottom of this page.

It sure is beautiful, and to think I bought it sight unseen!

Thx for the link Alfred.

------

Hello, does the ADW have a discussion/tutorial on Document Setup for export to press and the various options?

Michael

------

ivanl, 

Embedding an SVG file as a document is mentioned in the Lace Frame Galleries 2 project.

In terms of templates, by looking at the link you added, might you be referring to our Symbols feature which was introduced in the Designer 1.5 release? This is also covered in the workbook in the Tix App 1 project.    

Regards

Andy Capstick

Thank you, sorry I don't now the correct terminology. 

The link that I posted was basically a file that shows an app icon in multiple sizes. 

You can edit an embedded file and it will be applied to all the various sized icons. 

The file also makes exporting all the various sizes simple. 

I wanted to learn more about how to set up a file like that. 

Thank you

You can order it from amazon...just got mine today. Had to pay taxes and duties though,..but it's worth it! :)

You are so right avenson, So glad I ordered through Amazon.com. Their packaging is always sturdy, even if its a little overdone on non-fragile items, so I expect this in perfect condition. 

Michael

------

I finally got through to the store on a different browser, Safari on the Mac OS X 10.8.5 would not work.  I ordered the book.  I am in Canada, and should have the book by today if the DHL delivery folks are correct.  

The book cost me a total of $82.00 Canadian with shipping, duty and taxes.  It was shipped from the UK through the United States then on to Canada, hence the ridiculous duty and taxes - it's a book, why the extra charges?  I am hoping it is worth the money.  Thanks in advance Serif.

I'm in the same situation. It will finishing being $100US, so I looking at this is a more of an investment in professional development.

From all reports, the book is worth it,

------

PagePlus X9, in separate chapters controlled by BookPlus (which is a feature of PagePlus X9). The PDF-X3 output was sent direct to the printers with no modification.

Would you say PagePlus X9 is still a viable product for doing some inhouse DTP, even though it is not being developed?

(legacy range) http://www.serif.com/PagePlus/

Michael

------

• Staff

Would you say PagePlus X9 is still a viable product for doing some inhouse DTP, even though it is not being developed?

(legacy range) http://www.serif.com/PagePlus/

Michael

Yes, it is excellent (unsupported) software for a bargain price, as the book goes to prove.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

https://www.flickr.com/photos/welshhilary/30359106291/in/dateposted-public/

Delivery man turned up in between the freezer man and the Ikea man - a good morning! I do live in the centre of the universe, though, Greater Manchester :)

I've ordered the book and am now wondering if I should order a coffee table from Ikea for it to go on - and see if they arrive together as Yorkshire is in its own universe  :D 

• Staff

PeanutsA,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, it's really good to see you here.

Can you buy me a houseplant and a candle while you're there.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd