You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ash

My book has arrived today, very fast delivery, well packaged, thank you for that,

but a small note, the short keys,

are written for a QWERTY keyboard, but it would also be useful should there be available for an AZERTY keyboard, because these characters are not all on an AZERTY keyboard, and you can not always use the short keys, and I don’t know how to replace them because I don’t know what these characters are on an azerty

I had  difficulty at first to resource to dowlowd file, I thought you had to take it on every page in the green frame, but is only on the green gage in the beginning,

kind regard 

Paul 

I hope the photo book is quickly ready

...I wish Paolo would have given more details about WHY to choose certain settings rather than just giving numbers.

I really want to improve the way I work and my skills too, so thank you for your feedback MBd.

Each Workbook project is clearly different, in terms of skills and levels of knowledge.

As you noticed not all the descriptions are for absolute beginners, but I think that the entirety came out with a nice compromise didactically speaking.

The target (in my case) was to find the right balance between accessible and technical.

By chance I'm rather reachable... ;)  So if you need some specific informations just ask, and I'll be pleased to go as deep as you want.  

Maybe open a new discussion in order to avoid off topics here.

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

• Staff

Just curious - has anyone NOT received their workbook within the 5-7 working day shipping window?? Been waiting here since the 21st of October, hoping i'm not the only one left without a delivery since that purchase date....

Please can you post your order number here and I will check

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Please can you post your order number here and I will check

Order Number: AGRD6ZK8D6  - I already checked with affinityorders - according to the person I contacted, it's been dispatched and arrived in country of destination last week (28th Oct)  but tracking for the parcel is no longer available and currently the estimated delivery time is 16th November to my house (almost a month after the purchase date of 21st October - which is astonishingly slow considering the shipping charges were 50% the price of the book).

Normally I'm quite patient with deliveries, but I saw I-Parcel is delivering mine and they don't have a good reputation with delivering on time (or deliver at all in some cases):S 

Question for those who have bought the book:

I have watched the lynda.com AD series, all of affinities videos and tons of other stuff on youtube in regards to this program. Not really sure if this book will say much more I haven't read or watched in regards to AD already. Would really suck if I dropped the cash for the book only to realize it just covers stuff I have already read or seen. Can anyone who has received this book confirm if it goes beyond the essential basics of AD or if it goes deeper?

Question for Affinity:

Once the windows beta version is complete and you begin selling the software do you guys plan on having any packages that include Affinity Designer, the UI kit and the workbook?

Question for those who have bought the book:

I have watched the lynda.com AD series, all of affinities videos and tons of other stuff on youtube in regards to this program. Not really sure if this book will say much more I haven't read or watched in regards to AD already. Would really suck if I dropped the cash for the book only to realize it just covers stuff I have already read or seen. Can anyone whom has received this book confirm if it goes beyond the essential basics of AD or if it goes deeper?

Question for Affinity:

Once the windows beta version is complete and you begin selling the software do you guys plan on having any packages that include Affinity Designer, the UI kit and the workbook?

* First off let me start by saying that I am in no way affiliated or paid by Serif or the creators of Affinity Designer. 

Your question is a pretty loaded question and that really is dependent upon your skill, knowledge, understanding and experience. I'm reading through the book now and I have not completed the entire book just yet, so take my response with a grain of salt. I think if you have gone through my Lynda course and you have also gone through all the free Affinity video tutorials and the entire help section of the application then you probably know most of what you need to know about the tool. I think the true beauty and benefit of this book is what you learn through the work of the 7 artist who contributed to the book. Being able to read how they approach a execute a a illustration or a design with the tools provided is what really makes this book worthy of the purchase. Being able to see someone else workflow and getting a bit insight into the different approaches is worth it alone. the book is well designed and arranged with solid content and a well balanced layout of information per page.You find plenty of great techniques that go beyond just knowing what the tools are and what they do. The book is titled as being a workbook and should be used in that manner. work along your favorite artist and come away with some better understanding of how to execute an illustration or a design in a particular style but also walk away with a better understanding of how to execute see and manage your own project or illustration. I know a lot about this application and even I am picking up a few tips and techniques from this book. If the book was rubbish I would say so, but I think all the positive stuff you hear thus far is well deserved and I don't think anyone can be unsatisfied with their purchase. if you can afford it then I think it worth having and that my professional and experienced opinion. I hope that answers your question.

• Staff

Question for Affinity:

We will not have any bundles on the shop, at least initially. The Windows Designer software and the English Designer Workbook will be independently available, with the German Designer Workbook and Affinity Photo for Windows to follow (again individually)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hello there,

Is there a reason you won't ship to Switzerland? I can't choose this option when i try to place an order :-(

What can I do to get the book?

Thanks

I don't know why, but I couldn't order it neither.

I managed to order it on Amazon, though. Only the shipping was 1 (loooong) month, and I couldn't get the 20% discount. 

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

• Staff

Hello there,

Is there a reason you won't ship to Switzerland? I can't choose this option when i try to place an order :-(

What can I do to get the book?

Thanks

Our payment has been set up for physical and download purchases, so PAYMENT includes most countries for when we start selling downloads.

However, for physical delivery we are using Amazon fulfilment, and they do not offer our account delivery to Switzerland there is nothing we can do as we use them for the delivery bit and it's their list of countries that they will deliver to. 

I suggest you see if amazon.fr will send you the book (this is outside of our ordering system and Amazon.fr may or may not accept your address, I don't know)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

I have a great setup using my smartphone for playing video and pdf tutorials. I set the smartphone up on my tripod and I watch it as I work on my laptop, great setup for me. And it's portable.

I remember years ago, when I would try to prop a book up and follow the steps on my computer screen, very awkward, I don't see myself doing that again. 

I also used to have a great pile of adobe books, etc, that would become quickly outdated as new versions of the software came out. I just can't go back to buying software tutorial books when there are so many great online tutorials.

I'm all for beautifully designed books and certainly don't think books are dead, but for software tutorial type books like this, there should be an online version as well. 

Too bad, because this looks like a great resource.

I don't know why, but I couldn't order it neither.

I managed to order it on Amazon, though. Only the shipping was 1 (loooong) month, and I couldn't get the 20% discount. 

Madame,

Your info shows that you are in 'Scandinavia' but not where. I ordered the book last week and it was delivered early this week. So if they ship to Sweden I do not understand why it wouldn't ship to you.

I'm all for beautifully designed books and certainly don't think books are dead, but for software tutorial type books like this, there should be an online version as well.

Couldn't agree more, and several people have posted about this already.

Trying to do tutorials and follow steps on a computer whilst using a big paper book, is almost impossible!

Madame,

Your info shows that you are in 'Scandinavia' but not where. I ordered the book last week and it was delivered early this week. So if they ship to Sweden I do not understand why it wouldn't ship to you.

From her other posts, it would appear that Marianne ('Madame') is in Norway. detective.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Does it ship to Serbia (can't seam to find it in drop down menu :( )?

Nvm I saw a post about Switz problems now and I would guess it's the same thing. Shame really :( Hope you change your mind on pdf version then, or at least work on another shipping method.

Hi @Affinity/Serif staff,

It's been 2 weeks (14 days) now and I haven't received my order - my order number is: AGRD6ZK8D. Can you please see what's going on?  Last time I checked with affinity orders, they said tracking shows the book has arrived in New Zealand, but that was a week ago (28th of October). I tried to get an update from affinity orders again a few days ago, but no one has replied to me. 

If the item's stuck in New Zealand for a week now, all I can assume at this stage is either: 

a- it's lost

b- it's held in customs for duties?

I've shipped things as large as a guitar to New Zealand and they've never taken a week to clear customs, so it's quite unusual for customs to take so long to clear a book out for delivery.

It's well beyond the 5-7 business day estimate - I believe today would make it the 11th business day since I purchased the item, and I know I should be a bit more patient with deliveries from the UK/US, but the only reason I paid 22 USD/ 30 NZD for shipping was because I thought i'd be arriving within a week.  

• Staff

wordsberry, Yes I will ask. Please remember we have never used this delivery system before selling the book, so we have little experience of 'normal', but you have been patient and I would expect it to be there by now too.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd