You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ash

• Staff

Thanks for the quick response MEB. Not sure it works though... https://affin.co/whittler_02_sketch.afdesign returns a 404 for example

Hi Moscool

You need to access the main link as shown at the start of each project (the resource box link just shows the relevant filename within the download) they look like this

http://affin.co/xyz (but instead of /xyz type in exactly the name as it appears at the start of each chapter)

etc.

Head of Creative

Help make our apps better by joining our 
beta program!

I just this moment placed my order; I hope the delivery is quick as others have stated, but as I am in Sweden maybe it will take the full 5 - 7 business days.

Please note that if you wish to place an order, the online store buying system does not know about your Affinity forum login/account.

Ordering a book will create a new account, so the "Sign In" option will not know your email or password until after you have placed an order.

I was a bit confused about this when placing the order (hadn't read through this thread) and so gave a new password. I suppose now I have two affinity accounts? Regardless I hope I benefit as much from this workbook as I anticipate. :)

BTW, any plans for a 'workbook' for Affinity Photo in the works?   :rolleyes: I could definitely use that as well.

• Staff

excel101,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.  :)

The Affinity website does not list my country for delivery, but Amazon does, but the book is listed at full price. Is there a code I can use to get the same discount seen on the Affinity website?

We ship to every country that our distributor (Amazon Fulfilment Centre) will allow us to. The fact that Amazon the website is also selling our book (under our seller name!) and shipping to countries that are not open to us via the fulfilment centre is slightly annoying, but at least it is available in those other countries.

The book on Amazon is not on offer and the shipping cost is not in our control either. So no there is no way to get the amazon book at our introductory offer price, sorry.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Got the book a few days ago, and like all Affinity projects it is superb!

Just a couple of suggestions:

1) please make a pdf version available to owners of the physical book. The reason for me is that I find it so much easier looking at the book on one monitor and doing the work on the other monitor, rather than trying to hold or read a physical book, then refocus on a monitor.  So much easier just moving my head a little from one monitor to the other!

2) can I suggest that downloading the resources files is made a little easier.  Why not have a page showing all the files that can then just be clicked on?  Judging by the several comments here, the current system is awkward. Why is it necessary to type in 10 separate URLs to get the files?

Fantastic book though I am already looking forward to the Photo equivalent!

1) please make a pdf version available to owners of the physical book. The reason for me is that I find it so much easier looking at the book on one monitor and doing the work on the other monitor, rather than trying to hold or read a physical book, then refocus on a monitor.  So much easier just moving my head a little from one monitor to the other!

I can't see Serif wanting to distribute a PDF version, since it would be easily pirated.

2) can I suggest that downloading the resources files is made a little easier.  Why not have a page showing all the files that can then just be clicked on?  Judging by the several comments here, the current system is awkward. Why is it necessary to type in 10 separate URLs to get the files?

I think the resource files are really only meant to be downloaded by those of us who own a copy of the book. There are already enough clues in this thread for anyone to find them!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Anyone in this thread having problems ordering the book due to their postcode being rejected by the Credit Card check, please try again, we have rolled out a change that has modified this test.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I can't see Serif wanting to distribute a PDF version, since it would be easily pirated.

I take your point, but that is easily resolved I would imagine.  Available within an iOS app?  Kindle with a code for owners of the paper book? I don't know, but not insurmountable.

I think the resource files are really only meant to be downloaded by those of us who own a copy of the book. There are already enough clues in this thread for anyone to find them!

Can't see your point there.  They are already freely downloadable for anyone, but why would people who doesn't own the book want to download them?  Not everyone reads this thread! All I am suggesting is a url given only in the book - as things are at the moment - but just one url where all files can be clicked on to download rather than having to type in multiple urls. Or, make them all available in one zip.  Just trying to be helpful, as several people have been confused in this thread about how to access them.

I ordered the book  the 22. (oct) at Amazon. It's estimated to arrive nov. 29. :(

From what I read here, I'm sure it's worth the wait, though. 

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

All I am suggesting is a url given only in the book - as things are at the moment - but just one url where all files can be clicked on to download rather than having to type in multiple urls. Or, make them all available in one zip.

Ah, OK. That makes sense! Apologies for being so obtuse earlier on.

Alfred spacer.png

I ordered the book  the 22. (oct) at Amazon. It's estimated to arrive nov. 29. :(

From what I read here, I'm sure it's worth the wait, though. 

Wow, why are you receiving it sooo late!!!!? Did you mean October 29?

-----

@Affinity Staff - is it possible to get a tracking code added to orders made through your store? 

Got the book and I love it! Unfortunately DHL didn't handle the book properly or maybe Serif should have put it in a box casing or something to protect it. Now I feel like I bought something from a second hand book store but I guess it is what it is.  Nonetheless..good work guys..hopefully future books will come with a box..nothing too fancy just something that is enough to protect it during the shipping period.

1r.jpg

2r.jpg

3r.jpg

Being new to Affinity I want to buy the new Affinity Designer for Windows next year. I just noticed your newly released Workbook and would like to buy one as soon as possible. Since I don't use credit cards, is it possible to order via a U.S. money order or bank draft from Canada? Even better, have you got a dealer in Canada where I can purchase the new Workbook or even the new Affinity Designer on a software CD?

Thanks!

Tom

You can order it from amazon...just got mine today. Had to pay taxes and duties though,..but it's worth it! :)

I finally got through to the store on a different browser, Safari on the Mac OS X 10.8.5 would not work.  I ordered the book.  I am in Canada, and should have the book by today if the DHL delivery folks are correct.  

The book cost me a total of $82.00 Canadian with shipping, duty and taxes.  It was shipped from the UK through the United States then on to Canada, hence the ridiculous duty and taxes - it's a book, why the extra charges?  I am hoping it is worth the money.  Thanks in advance Serif.

• Staff

@avenson : Welcome to the forum :)

That doesn't look good. We're sorry that you've received a damaged book. I've passed your details to our Customer Service team - they will contact you shortly.

@shooze : I've also passed your details to our Customer Service team so they can look into this further for you.

For anyone else who has questions about their order, please read our Affinity Store Help page here: https://affinity.store/help/

• Staff

J-bee,

Welcome the the Serif Affinity forums.  :)

Glad you are pleased with it.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

I finally got through to the store on a different browser, Safari on the Mac OS X 10.8.5 would not work.  I ordered the book.  I am in Canada, and should have the book by today if the DHL delivery folks are correct.  

The book cost me a total of $82.00 Canadian with shipping, duty and taxes.  It was shipped from the UK through the United States then on to Canada, hence the ridiculous duty and taxes - it's a book, why the extra charges?  I am hoping it is worth the money.  Thanks in advance Serif.

Amazon.com is offering the book for US$49.99 plus $7.48 for shipping to Canada, or a total of US$57.47. At today's poor exchange rate this is CA$77, which is just $5 less than the total of CA$82 quoted above.

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff

Amazon.com is offering the book for US$49.99 plus $7.48 for shipping to Canada, or a total of US$57.47. At today's poor exchange rate this is CA$77, which is just $5 less than the total of CA$82 quoted above.

Perhaps, but are you sure it will turn up with no import tax due?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Perhaps, but are you sure it will turn up with no import tax due?

Good point! It probably won't. :(

Alfred spacer.png