You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ash

Simon, There are seven pages of posts about this book, most of them from people who have ordered the book, myself included, and all of whom, I believe, have received their copy without any problems. In fact I have never ordered anything online and received it as quickly as I did this book.

Really remarkable.

If it isn't going to be sold on Amazon.co.uk, it seems rather odd that they have this listing for it! :o

So why are we seeing it here?

@Alfred, @peter

Perhaps someone with more knowledge of Amazon.co.uk will correct me, but I believe their database includes any book registered with Nielsen, i.e. any book which has an ISBN, regardless of whether they actually have any copies in their warehouse or are actually considering selling it.

Thanks.

• Staff

Why are you not dispatching to Pakistan?

It's really dis-heartning, being a proud Affinity user.

:(  :(  :(

Absar,

Sorry, this shop code is a new venture for us and using Amazon as distribution partners is having some teething problems, that I am sure we will have work arounds for quite soon, but the dispatch costs from the US center may still be considerable.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

HI,

Come here also a dutch version from ?

thanks Paul

No, sorry only English and German are planned currently.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I received my book today! I got say it been awhile since I bought a physical book. I use to buy tons of books on many different topics, but i found the tech books are obsolete as fast as they print them and they take up space so I now get all my books through my tablet.  This book is gorgeous and the fact that it is full color and a hard cover book really makes it worth having. I looking forward to digging into it and picking up a few tricks I may have missed myself. And wow got this book within 5 days in the US! I expected delivery to take much longer! I think I ordered it on Wednesday or Tuesday and it got here Saturday but I didn't know it was here til I checked my mailbox today. Great job Affinity team and contributors!

How long will it take to ship to New Zealand? Purchased it on the 20th and on the affinity store the order status is still pending.. so it hasn't even shipped yet S:

Sorry for being impatient, but for a 20 dollar shipping fee, I think it's a bit slow to not even dispatch the item..   :(

How long will it take to ship to New Zealand? Purchased it on the 20th and on the affinity store the order status is still pending.. so it hasn't even shipped yet S:

Sorry for being impatient, but for a 20 dollar shipping fee, I think it's a bit slow to not even dispatch the item..   :(

I've had the same experience. Purchased on the 20th, but the order is still listed as "pending." In an earlier post, Serif said there was an issue with some zip codes, and they were planning to clear it by Monday. Fingers crossed!

I've had the same experience. Purchased on the 20th, but the order is still listed as "pending." In an earlier post, Serif said there was an issue with some zip codes, and they were planning to clear it by Monday. Fingers crossed!

Same here, bought on 20th, but it was dispatched today...

Purchased it on the 20th and on the affinity store the order status is still pending.. so it hasn't even shipped yet S:

I didn't purchase my copy until 8 o'clock yesterday morning here in the UK, and when I checked my account 24 hours later the order status was showing as 'Pending', so I was pleasantly surprised when it was delivered shortly after midday today. It's now more than an hour later, but the order status is still showing as 'Pending'.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Absar,

Sorry, this shop code is a new venture for us and using Amazon as distribution partners is having some teething problems, that I am sure we will have work arounds for quite soon, but the dispatch costs from the US center may still be considerable.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your response. I hope the book doesn't go out of stock, by the time I get the option to order.

I understand that the shipping cost from Europe or US will be significant but I think it'll be worth it.

Regards

Designer, Photo, Publisher   |   MacBook Pro, 16" 2020, macOS 11   |   @mrAbsarAhmed

@Serif/Affinity Staff - would be great if the books came with a tracking code - for us buyers living outside of UK/US.

I didn't purchase my copy until 8 o'clock yesterday morning here in the UK, and when I checked my account 24 hours later the order status was showing as 'Pending', so I was pleasantly surprised when it was delivered shortly after midday today. It's now more than an hour later, but the order status is still showing as 'Pending'.

It doesn't hurt to be living in the UK, but seeing how so many people from other countries can't even purchase the book, I'm glad shipping was even possible for NZ (we're always last to get anything here haahah). Glad you go it so soon, hope you're having fun with the book!!

Same here, bought on 20th, but it was dispatched today...

Same, I got an email a few hours ago that it dispatched. Now I have to wait... I wonder how long it takes to ship across the Pacific!! 

Thanks for letting me know. I got an email saying it got dispatched today and my order is still pending on the affinity store. Hopefully they fix this issue for other buyers soon. 

Being new to Affinity I want to buy the new Affinity Designer for Windows next year. I just noticed your newly released Workbook and would like to buy one as soon as possible. Since I don't use credit cards, is it possible to order via a U.S. money order or bank draft from Canada? Even better, have you got a dealer in Canada where I can purchase the new Workbook or even the new Affinity Designer on a software CD?

Thanks!

Tom

• Staff

I just noticed your newly released Workbook and would like to buy one as soon as possible. Since I don't use credit cards, is it possible to order via a U.S. money order or bank draft from Canada? Even better, have you got a dealer in Canada where I can purchase the new Workbook or even the new Affinity Designer on a software CD?

Thanks!

Tom

Tom,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

No that's not possible, sorry. Buy via Amazon site or our site through a friends card perhaps. The software will be download only.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Since I don't use credit cards, is it possible to order via a U.S. money order or bank draft from Canada?

Hi Tom

Here in Australia it is possible to buy a pre-loaded credit card (pre-loaded with $20, $50, $100, etc) at post offices and various stores. Useful for gifts or purchases if you don't have a regular credit card.

I assume the same applies in Canada. Maybe this could be your solution?

It doesn't hurt to be living in the UK, but seeing how so many people from other countries can't even purchase the book, I'm glad shipping was even possible for NZ (we're always last to get anything here haahah). Glad you go it so soon, hope you're having fun with the book!! 

Thanks! I haven't had a chance to have a proper look at it yet, but I'm sure I'll have fun with it when I do!! I hope you aren't kept waiting too terribly much longer.

I got an email saying it got dispatched today and my order is still pending on the affinity store. Hopefully they fix this issue for other buyers soon.

I got a dispatch email yesterday, but it was sent so late at night that they might as well not have bothered. I hope they fix the "pending" thing soon, too; I've just checked my account once more, and the order status still hasn't changed.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

The book was delivered within 2 days! Really nice. Half-way between a glossy manual and a coffee table book.

Silly question: can't find the link to the resources - each chapter indicates a resource file name, but where do I go for the source of files?

The book was delivered within 2 days! Really nice. Half-way between a glossy manual and a coffee table book.

Silly question: can't find the link to the resources - each chapter indicates a resource file name, but where do I go for the source of files?

OK, found the first files on the green page of the first chapter, but where are the other project files?