You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ash

How do I download the resource files, please?

@Sunset

All you should need to do is type the url starting "affin.co/..." given at the start of the chapter into your favourite internet browser and it should automatically download the resources for you.

If you have any issues with this, please let us know.

Thanks.

Thanks - I had whizzed past the detail on that page :)

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album

• Staff

Help! You need to add Norway to the list of countries! 

Don't you want my money? ;)

I'm not personally bothered about money but I would like you to enjoy owning a copy of the book. Unfortunately this comment is probably pertinent to you too, as we have delivered to all the countries we are currently set up for with Amazon, our fulfilment centre.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Oh, you all got my hopes up with your tales of next day delivery ;)

Ordered yesterday but it's still sitting on 'Pending' ... ah well, fingers crossed for next week some time!

Sorry carolbeck,

Welcome (back) to the Serif Affinity forums.

Was your order to the same zip/postcode as the billing zip/postcode? We have had some delays for some users and we are just ironing out a few teething problems with our brand new shop. Most orders from the last 2 days where that issue caused a 'pending' order have been processed today. The rest will be processed on Monday.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Thanks for the reply! Yep, same postcode used for billing/delivery/credit card etc. Happy to share order number if it would help identify any issues.

Looking forward to receiving the book in due course!

(And thanks for the welcome! I am mostly a lurker, but have been registered for over a year.)

I'm not personally bothered about money but I would like you to enjoy owning a copy of the book. Unfortunately this comment is probably pertinent to you too, as we have delivered to all the countries we are currently set up for with Amazon, our fulfilment centre.

I see. Thanks for the reply.

I hope you can talk to Amazon soon. You deliver to all our neighbour-countries.

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

Have to love insomnia, working my way through the Affinity Designer Workbook, picking up little things that I hadn't noticed before and finally understanding the purpose of artboards! I've designed three colourways of the logo for my new imaginary company and I am waiting for my imaginary client to choose one and pay me some imaginary money. Imagine is the key word with this new book, it banishes the 'white page" syndrome and feeds my imagination. 

I Imagine you're well chuffed!

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

I'm itching to use my Amazon gift vouchers to buy it from Amazon.co.uk; but it is out of stock. When will it be available and will I be able to get it with the introductory discount, when it's back in stock?

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

• Staff

I'm itching to use my Amazon gift vouchers to buy it from Amazon.co.uk; but it is out of stock. When will it be available and will I be able to get it with the introductory discount, when it's back in stock?

It is not being sold on Amazon.co.uk as we would prefer to sell it directly. Amazon can set their own prices and obviously take a big cut too.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

It is not being sold on Amazon.co.uk as we would prefer to sell it directly. Amazon can set their own prices and obviously take a big cut too.

If it isn't going to be sold on Amazon.co.uk, it seems rather odd that they have this listing for it! :o

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

If it isn't going to be sold on Amazon.co.uk, it seems rather odd that they have this listing for it! :o

It is currently unavailable...! Which explains one strange thing I went to scan my copy into LibraryThings (I was going to say it is my Friday read this week) but it scanned an unrecognisable ISBN - I checked and the sticker over the ISBN on the back of the book was all letters, not numbers. I might still list it as my Friday Read though :D

Edit; Job Done  :ph34r:

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

My Flickr Album

So why are we seeing it here?

I think it's just their system, I notice that they never remove obscure old books, either, even though the one copy they had was sold a few years ago, they just keep it there ad infinitum as currently unavailable. :(

My Flickr Album

I think it's just their system, I notice that they never remove obscure old books, either, even though the one copy they had was sold a few years ago, they just keep it there ad infinitum as currently unavailable. :(

Yes, but ... this isn't an old book that they no longer sell, it's a new book that they're apparently not going to be selling!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Yes, but ... this isn't an old book that they no longer sell, it's a new book that they're apparently not going to be selling!

I agree entirely, but because they deliver it, it is in their system and therefore they "know about it" - and they link their book lists with libraries so that information and cover pictures can be shared, so I think it's just how it works. You disclose to Amazon that a book exists and they log it, in effect.

My Flickr Album

And it may show up on Amazon as a used book, sooner (if people are disappointed - suppose) or later.

Good Point!

It won't be my used book, though, I've just just been browsing through the tutorials/projects and I am amazed at the detail and depth and the care that has gone into this. :)

My Flickr Album

HINT: I can make a space on one of my bookshelves to line up three of these books in due course, Designer, Photo, Publisher................ :D

My Flickr Album

• Staff

Any news on when the german version will be available?

It's a (hard) work in progress, but hopefully December.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd