You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I just discovered in this forum a while back that Affinity Photo can import Photoshop .abr brush files. I don't know if that applies to Affinity Designer as well. If so then a quick web search will turn up more brushes than you could ever need!

There's a selection of brushes (although not the particular ones you are looking for) and other resources for Affinity here. ​http://www.miguelboto.com/affinity/resources/

I have a set of Smoke brushes called Ron's Smoke brushes which are excellent. A web search will turn up several sources for these. Do check they are Photoshop brushes before you download as he makes 3D smoke 'brushes' for DAZ as well.

Designer does support Adobe .abr files.

Even though the outdated version of Photoshop Elements I own no longer runs on current OS X versions, I copied all the included .abr files from /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 9/Presets/brushes to another location before I deleted it from my hard drive. They import without problems into AD, appearing in the Pixel persona's Brushes panel as raster brushes.

So I am still getting at least some value from that Adobe purchase.  :)

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I do not think it is possible to be too cynical about Adobe's desire to extract as much money as possible from the user base. They buy competitor's products & quit developing them to force users to buy the Adobe version, include proprietary features that make competition difficult, & refuse to correct even minor compatibility problems with OS X upgrades so users will have to either keep buying upgraded versions or go to the subscription model if they want to continue using the software.

Aside from that, I think it is a wonderful company, completely committed to the needs of its customers.  ;)

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7