You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi OldHickory30,

Here's how to attach an image/file.

Hi OldHickory30,

They are working better than in previous Mac App Store 1.4.3. Can you attach a screenshot of the Photoshop Plugins dialog (in Preferences) so i can see how you have set it up?

Also, where did you have installed the plug-ins?

Thanks for your reply! Ok, here is the screenshot. Nik is installed separately under applications as well as in the addon under the Photo Shop folder. Suggestions?

post-25604-0-28290500-1476886077_thumb.jpg

• Staff

The problem is in the Photoshop Plugins configuration in Preferences. When you installed the Nik collection, the installer should have asked you where to install the plug-in files. Which folder did you select? If you didn't specify one, you should have a folder called Google inside your Applications folder. This Google folder contains folders for each plugin with some .plugin and .config files inside them. Can you check if there's one Google folder inside your Applications folder please?

• Staff

That's where the Nik Collection places the stand alone apps, not the plug-ins. That's why i was asking you where you have installed them... that's the folder we must point Affinity to.

Try do do a search for HDR Efex Pro 2.plugin on your system. You should find the correct path.

• Staff

Ok, now on the bottom right section, in Plug-in Support Folders, remove that line and press the Authorise Global button below then Authorise again from the dialog that will open.

Close the Preferences and restart Affinity Photo. It should now work correctly.

Also in the top right section, in Plugin Search Folders you can remove the Google part from the path if you want, like this:

post-59-0-21460500-1476889869_thumb.png

This way you can access other third-party (compatible) plug-ins you may have installed in the Photoshop plugins folder.

Ok....I reinstalled the plugins based on your instructions, all plugins work perfect with no errors, including the buy or demo error. I think I didn't follow your exact sequence the first time. Sometimes I just don't follow instructions. :)  Thanks for hanging in there with me. I really like AP 1.5! Hopefully, the final edition will come out soon!

Can you please attach your Photoshop Plugins configuration (in Preferences) again?

Neither of those things should be happening...

I guess spoke too soon....Everything with Nix works fine, however, after applying the changes in Nix, the dialogue box closes, but the changes have not been applied in AP?

Suggestions?

• Staff

Hi OldHickory30,

Sorry the delay getting back to you. I didn't work yesterday.

Your configuration is correct. Can you tell me which plugin isn't applying the changes to the image?

Are you sure you have the correct layer selected in the Layers panel and not an adjustment, mask or something else?

Note that Photoshop Plugins support is still being worked on, there still issues with some plug-ins.

• 1 month later...