You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Public Beta (RC1) - 1.5.0.25 (Windows)

Hello i somehow can't manage to create multi-page PDF with the latest version - it was working fine up to RC1.

Now, when i try to export whole document to PDF I get one big document with all artboards side by side, instead of separate no pages.

the same file exports fine with older versions of Affinity Designer.

Anyway, big thanks for bringing this software to PC!

regards,

P.

I've now fixed this and it will be available in RC2 :)

• Staff

Or me, before the problem once again haunt me.
An error occurs when using the Move tool and the Zoom tool

Hi quyanstare,

Could you zip up and attach the entire contents of %appdata%/Affinity please and also attach a copy of the afdesign file you have shown in your screenshot so we can try to reproduce please? As it stands they're working ok for me - so it is likely a problem somewhere inside your App Preferences.

Hi Ralf,

Sorry you are experiencing crashing while printing, this isn't widespread so i'll need some more information to try and reproduce it.

Does it crash when printing a blank document? Or is it only specific documents? If it is a specific document can you attach it?

What is model/make is the A3 printer you are sending it to? I'll look at getting the drivers to see if that helps.

*GEEZ* - As usual, I found a solution directly after writing my first post :rolleyes:

Resetting all user preferences did the trick…

So I'm back to printing...

BUT - the problem with the A3 printer persists. Desinger won't take the margins from the chosen printer, but always takes the margins from my Standard-printer. While trying to change that, the first crash appeared.

I have to admit, it's an old HP Deskjet 1280, with no official Win 10 support, but other programs handle it just fine.

Maybe I found something:

In the Document Setup I can select the Page Preset with Dimensions, Color, MARGINS - and there "Retrieve Margin from Pinter", but which Printer? Even if i go to "print" and select the A3 printer and afterwards try "Retrieve Margin from Printer" it only gets the margins from my standard printer, not the one I want to use for the document... :huh:

• Staff

Maybe I found something:

In the Document Setup I can select the Page Preset with Dimensions, Color, MARGINS - and there "Retrieve Margin from Pinter", but which Printer? Even if i go to "print" and select the A3 printer and afterwards try "Retrieve Margin from Printer" it only gets the margins from my standard printer, not the one I want to use for the document... :huh:

Hi Rallef,

I see what you're saying :) Designer does have an idea of which the 'current' printer is, but doesn't actually update it until the Print dialog has been OK'd and a print job has been successfully run on it, so there is a kind of Catch-22 thing going on - you can't retrieve the margins until you have successfully printed and you don't want to print until you've retrieved the margins. I'll log it and see if something can be done.

Hi I am having an issue with font selection. Before I could start to type the first letter and it would jump down to the list to fonts beginning with that letter but now I can only use the up and down arrows to select the font I require.

Yeah it stopped working since .25

If you have a document selection and a pixel selection it will delete the document selection first, then the pixel selection. Try deselecting your object first.

Thank you. I realized it was because I brought an image in and I forgot to rasterize it.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!