You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Public Beta (RC1) - 1.5.0.25 (Windows)

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability

Requirements: None

As this is a beta release, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is worth noting that files created in Affinity Designer 1.5 cannot be opened in Affinity Photo 1.4, which means that although files created with the Windows beta can be opened in the Mac AppStore version of Designer (currently on 1.5.1) they cannot be opened in the latest Mac App Store versions Affinity Photo, instead you will need the latest macOS 1.5 beta.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed sporadic crash when closing the application
  • Fixed left click and drag on popup sliders so they automatically close (same as macOS version)
  • Fixed changing a slice output from raster to vector not re-adding the name or initialising the dialog correctly
  • Fixed User Variables not exporting making it possible to create files from Export Persona with no filename
  • Fixed Export Persona Path Components dialog containing text that should not be present
  • Fixed right clicking the brushes list to not select the brush
  • Fixed floating document windows remaining on top after switching to another application
  • Fixed being able to edit registration colour swatch
  • Fixed sporadic crash when starting a second instance, if the first instance had crashed
  • Fixed sporadic crash when launching URLs when Windows can't find a suitable application to use
  • Fixed sporadic crash when attempting to show a panel context menu for panels that shouldn't have a menu
  • Fixed context bar not updating for marquee selection
  • Fixed sporadic crash when closing documents
  • Fixed crash on Windows 7 & 8 when scrolling the mouse wheel during the splash screen
  • Fixed PSD import of grey colours
  • Changed multi-page PDF export to be for whole documents, and selections of only artboards (if there is anything else in the selection, it will create a single page PDF of the selected area)
  • Fixed slices with invalid filenames failing to export
  • Fixed Show Selection in Layers Panel not expanding groups when individual object is selected
  • Fixed file extensions not getting stripped from file names when using Save As
  • Fixed Corner types to be disabled until a node is selected
  • Fixed double clicking an already applied Text Style will re-apply it before displaying the Edit Text Style dialog
  • Fixed being unable to apply black/grey/white/none swatch if already highlighted
  • Fixed opening program after toggling UI bringing panels back, but leaving the toggle in unusable state
  • Fixed being unable to create snapshots
  • Fixed Preferences > Performance not saving
  • Fixed Cog shape to allow more than 48 teeth
  • Improved performance of non-OpenType fonts

• Staff

Dear Sir

Greetings of the day!!!

Can you please confirm that AF's released version will support or not

A- Indic Language Open Type Font

B- Press Ready PDF Profile like Legacy Plus Range (Because a PDF with this profile will open in CDR properly for my printer)

With kind regards

Arun

Hi Arun,

We hope we have support for Microsoft IME in the next build which will be in a few days. At that stage your general feedback would be appreciated! If you have specific problems with a particular font you should let us know - apologies if you already have and your report has got lost in the tumult.

We think we have dealt with Corel import - Corel will not import PDFs if they use a feature called 'Compressed Streams'. You can turn this off in our export by using 'More...' options and unchecking 'Allow Advanced Features' on the export dialog, but note that it is off by default with the 'PDF (for Export)' preset.

Hello Affinity Designer Team,

I don't know how to explain this issue, so I created a screenshot to illustrate my problem.

The problem is, that my shortcuts are not saved in Export Persona mode.

If I assign shortcuts to Draw Persona, it works fine. But if I assign shortcuts

to Export Persona and restart the program, I have to reassign them all again,

because they are lost.

Also, as you can see in the screenshot, you can assign the same shortcut to Layers

Page twice. I don't know if this is a bug.

post-37459-0-66136300-1476802646_thumb.png

Oh this is fantastic. It's all coming down to the real thing now.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Hello i somehow can't manage to create multi-page PDF with the latest version - it was working fine up to RC1.

Now, when i try to export whole document to PDF I get one big document with all artboards side by side, instead of separate no pages.

the same file exports fine with older versions of Affinity Designer.

Anyway, big thanks for bringing this software to PC!

regards,

P.

When merging multiple shapes (adding), the stroke takes a large leap in size. The shapes I added all had the same stroke size to begin with. And subtracting makes the size smaller.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Thank You for this awesome release, You are getting closer to the final version which I am definitely going to buy!

I have one question which may point to an issue. Did somebody noticed that when trying to fill a shape with a color by choosing f.eg. Pantone swatches becomes difficult? The program tends to slow down tremendously, stopping at some point even and than catching up. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised with this as the amount of swatches in impressive but still it seems to be an issue.

• Staff

Hello i somehow can't manage to create multi-page PDF with the latest version - it was working fine up to RC1.

Now, when i try to export whole document to PDF I get one big document with all artboards side by side, instead of separate no pages.

the same file exports fine with older versions of Affinity Designer.

Anyway, big thanks for bringing this software to PC!

regards,

P.

Thanks for that pwlj,

I can indeed reproduce this hear and can confirm it was introduced in 1.5.0.25. I'll get it reported!

Hello, your app (AD) is fantastic, but ... there is always something to improve. The brush-editing tool stands in my way and must be closed each time with annoying clicking. It positions itself steadily in the center of the screen. The pleasure of creative work is lost. Please dock the brush-edit tool on the right as the layers, and the order is already on the screen. Greetings from Germany and sorry for my bad english

Thank You for this awesome release, You are getting closer to the final version which I am definitely going to buy!

I have one question which may point to an issue. Did somebody noticed that when trying to fill a shape with a color by choosing f.eg. Pantone swatches becomes difficult? The program tends to slow down tremendously, stopping at some point even and than catching up. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised with this as the amount of swatches in impressive but still it seems to be an issue.

It's same since the first beta for me. Mentioned about this before and maybe we gonna see improvements in upcoming releases.

Deleting bitmap areas in pixel selections deletes the entire image now.

OH MAH GAWD. 

I was so excited to learn this morning that this program had a Windows beta (RC, even!) available. I'm a designer that refuses to buy a Mac and have been looking for a good, windows native alternative to Sketch. So far, this beta works fantastically. I will make sure to report any issues as I find them, but for now, I just wanted to express that I am *thrilled* this is getting developed for windows. You guys are filling a serious need with this!

Question: Once the windows version becomes release-worthy, is the plan to have complete feature parity between the Mac and Windows editions? i.e, are they essentially going to be the same program as far as functionality is concerned?

Hi folks @ Affinity,

thanks a lot for bringing this wonderful program to Windows :-)
I'm a "follower" from germany, using/testing the german version of Designer from the first beta on, but just now registered because of a problem...

Not sure, if this is the right place to post - feel free to move it...

I can't print anymore at all. :(

While working on a Windows 10 machine with 3 printers connected (A4 Multifunction, A4 Laser b/w, and Inkjet A3) with no printing issues so far using Corel, Photoshop, Office, whatever.., Desinger crashes immediately after hitting print. :o 

It worked until I tried to print something on the A3 printer, but Designer failed to accept the printer-frames. I tried different things - changing the default printer and such - until it crashed when I took another try.

I hoped, that installing the new beta would solve the problem, but I still cannot print anything, because of that fatal crash...
Desinger tells me that a crash-report is being sent at every start...

Any Idea would be appreciated...

Thanks a lot - and I hope I could make myself understood (my english is surely not the best...)

Regards

Ralf

• Staff

Hi Ralf,

Sorry you are experiencing crashing while printing, this isn't widespread so i'll need some more information to try and reproduce it.

Does it crash when printing a blank document? Or is it only specific documents? If it is a specific document can you attach it?

What is model/make is the A3 printer you are sending it to? I'll look at getting the drivers to see if that helps.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Question: Once the windows version becomes release-worthy, is the plan to have complete feature parity between the Mac and Windows editions? i.e, are they essentially going to be the same program as far as functionality is concerned?

Hi diopside,

wellcome to the forum.

From what I have read Serif is very serious about feature parity between the Mac and the Windows editions.

See one post by the moderators here.

Cheers,

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil