You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wacom Cintiq pen erasor not working Affinity version 1.5.0.24

• Staff

Hi Pixelplucker,

Unfortunately we don't have a Cintiq to try this on, but i've tried it on an Intuos3 and have been unable to reproduce it. Not sure what the options are like for Cintiqs, however I assume you have the Eraser set to Erase and nothing else?

• Staff

Turns out we do actually have a Cintiq 13HD in the office, so I've just been using it with the latest Wacom drivers (6.3.17-3). Alas the eraser is working as expected for me in both Draw and Pixel Persona. As I mentioned above I have my Eraser set to Erase.

• 4 weeks later...

I have it set to erase. Does not erase!

I am running Win7 64bit pro. I have to use the older Wacom driver 6.1.4-3 because the new ones are broken under Win7 and are missing components when installing.

Like I said early versions the eraser worked fine, now it does nothing.

• Staff

It seems to be working for me using those drivers. Are you trying to erase in the Draw or Pixel Persona? If you're doing it in the Draw Persona it maybe that you've changed the 'Erasing from vector layers' option in the Assistant Manager to 'Take No Action'. 

Can you go to View > Assistant Manager and then ensure that 'Enable Assistant' is ticked and that 'Erasing from vector layers' is set to either 'Place mask layer inside and erase' or 'Rasterise layer and erase'.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.