You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I don't have this field? (Affinity Designer 1.5.1)

Yet, I was also wondering how "path components" become useable and would like to see a short documentation about that. I couldn't find anything ...

It annoys me that export paths are not saved per document - I tried dragging a folder into that window ... would be handy. Didn't work though.

bellyanalytical,

In the AD 1.5.1 Export persona, choose the Slices tab in the Studio panel, then click on the exposure triangle next to any of the slices listed there. This reveals more advanced options. Clicking on the various buttons that reveals displays still more options, one of which shows what is in the screenshot in the first post.

But I don't know anything about what those options do -- they are more advanced than my knowledge of the app!  :mellow:

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Ah,

aha -

ok - i only found the popup when you click on the button in the red circle: "path component" in english. the screenshot above refers to the popup related to the button in the green circle - that one is new to me.

post-3756-0-87839900-1476748961_thumb.png

well, basically i understand what you can do there - for example:

i was putting a path description into the path component " ./subfolder/" which automatically exported that slice in that "subfolder" in the export folder.

then you can also add "variables" which modify that path - or filename. for example the "slicename" variable will output the name of the slice. you could do:

"/weirdexports/[slicename]/" - and your exports will be put in a subfolder "weirdexports/slice1" ...

in the other popup you can modify the filename in the same manner.

(@mattb5906)

and I just found out that you just have to click or doubleclick right below "name" in the list to be able to add your own variable. there you can enter a name - and on the right side a value.

you are able to reuse snippets then ... (i guess in all documents)

but ---- !

I'd like to see more variables.

For example, I don't like it to navigate to the correct export folder every single time again when I am editing another document. There could be a variable "document root" which will contain the path to the document.

so you can setup a neat export  ..... setup ...

mh.

post-3756-0-87839900-1476748961_thumb.png

Thanks bellyanalytical

I tried clicking and double clicking below the name column, but not had any luck. Maybe it's because I'm using a beta release.

Could someone from the Affinity team jump in with some official documentation on this feature please?

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

CrPzyCp.jpg

https://getsharex.com/

hej,

to be more precise: you have to click on that text "namen eingeben" - in english probably "enter name". it is hardly readable though here at my place - but i don't know whats going on with the beta, whether that function might not work -

post-3756-0-04947400-1476867729_thumb.png

but maybe have a look again for that hint where to click actually - sorry if I was imprecise!

cheers

edit: ah! just saw in your screenshot that there is nothing like "enter name" ... ....  :( probably a beta issue!?

post-3756-0-04947400-1476867729_thumb.png

I've just downloaded the latest Windows beta 1.5.0.25 (RC) and it's now fixed (the change history mentioned user variables in this release). Before, I didn't have the light grey row.

post-32700-0-87207000-1476868242_thumb.png

Also, I agree, it definitely needs more features such as a way of creating global/document variables that can be referenced by all of the slices/exports.

Thanks

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

CrPzyCp.jpg

https://getsharex.com/