You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer & Photo supporting Graphtec plotters!

Hello Guys,

First, I'm pretty exited to know Affinity products will be joining the awesome iOS platform.

Second, the industry of custom design, home decor, car wraps ...etc. is growing fast and steadily with no signal on slowing down!

Part of it, is companies like Summa, Graphtec, Epson supporting the Apple ecosystem. So, technology that was reserved for entrepreneurs with big brick mortar spaces, is reaching really fast, millions of graphic designers, creatives with small studio space or even a small spare bedroom like in my case. Professional plotters, sublimations printers, professional heat presses, have become more and more accessible to us in terms of prices.

Unfortunately, most of Mac support is via Illustrator plugins, but Graphtec, Summa at least provide good native Mac apps to control their products. Some companies even "Bluetooth" connectivity like  Provo Craft & Novelty, Inc with its Cricut plotter. 

Well, I would love to see plugins for Affinity Designer or Serif (Europe) Ltd, trying to offer a solution, since Affinity Designer contains everything that a designer need to create, cut, sublimate and press, their designs using this kind of technology. And must of graphics designer this days are switching to other great alternatives for vector design, the core for "plotters" or "cutters"

Thanks.

I know that Affinity would have to have cooperation from the manufacturers, but I would LOVE to be able to cut on my Silhouette directly from AD!!!!

Definitely would be worth paying for a plug in!!

I'm not sure though if this would have to come from Affinity or from the manufacturer.  I do know Silhouette offers both AI and CD plugins.  I have emailed them about the possibility of a plug in for AD, but I'm guessing they would need a LOT of requests.