You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The Garava Type v3.74 is © Bhikkhu Pesala, 2016, but freely available from his website.  As it has 6 styles, 3000+  Glyphs and he designs with PagePlus in mind, I just downloaded it.  

To see what difference it makes, I applied it to an existinf PPlus file where it displays with a decorative set of capitals (top half of pic).  If I just select it in LibreOffice, it displays "normally" (bottom half of pic).

No doubt this is a quirk of a en-coding somewhere as the decorative caps are down in the "Latin Extended-D" specials, but can anyone throw light on why it's showing up in what I thought was a "standard" type text in a *.ppp but not in LibreOffice?

post-28885-0-37401600-1476625568_thumb.png

You're right "Wiki entry:Support of OpenType optional features limited to localized forms (locl) "

I'm still a bit baffled why PPlus X9 has decided to unilaterally (?) use an opentype extended-set character (substituting U+E2D1 for U+0054) for the capital "T" when something like OpenSans (with 10 styles) is still displaying correctly?

Probably just another time-waster to find out why PPlus X9 is different?  

I'll stick to another font for now!

The CommunityPlus (CP) forums are completely separate from the Affinity forums. Please start a new thread on the CP forums, making sure to specify PagePlus X9 as the product and version.

<pedantry>

Like most of Bhikkhu Pesala's free Unicode fonts, the name 'Garava' ends in 'a', not 'an'.

</pedantry>

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

The CommunityPlus (CP) forums are completely separate from the Affinity forums. Please start a new thread on the CP forums, making sure to specify PagePlus X9 as the product and version.

<pedantry>

Like most of Bhikkhu Pesala's free Unicode fonts, the name 'Garava' ends in 'a', not 'an'.

</pedantry>

Done:

https://community.serif.com/forum/pageplus/89259/garava-type-v3-74?page=1#answer286043