You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I am Arun. I am new to Affinity Designer and Photo. I am very impressed with the tools.

I would like to buy both Designer and Photo.

I would like to know if there is any offer or a combo package available if I buy both?

How many systems can I install and use it with a single license? Is it concurrent license or seat license?

Regards

Arun prakash

• Staff

Hi Arun,

Unfortunately it isn't possible for us to provide a bundle discount for the apps. Each licence covers you for use on up to 5 Macs that you are the primary user of :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Callum,

I am not sure why this 5 Macs number keeps coming up in these discussions. All apps obtained through the Mac App Store are covered by the terms & conditions of the Apple legal document I have mentioned several times in these forums, for example in this post or more recently in this one.

The T&C for personal or for commercial, educational, or government "enterprise" use are different, but in neither case is there a 5 Mac limit.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

If the user has multiple Macs they can use Apple Family Sharing to share it across their devices up to 5 more times :)

If the apps are only used for non-commercial purposes, a user who has multiple Macs does not need to use Family Sharing for MAS apps. The T&C clearly state that they can be used on any device that user owns or controls. It is only necessary to sign into the MAS with the same Apple ID originally used for the purchase of the app to download & use it on any of those Macs, be there two or twenty of them. There is a 5 Apple ID limit for this, but that applies only to how many different Apple ID's can be used to sign into the MAS to download or to authorize a downloaded purchase.

If the apps are used for commercial, educational, or government "enterprise" purposes, then each Mac used serially or collectively by multiple users requires a separate purchase. Alternately, one purchase can cover one user on multiple Macs, but only one user. IOW, for enterprise use, a license is good for one seat or one user, but not both. Family Sharing does not apply in either case.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7