You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Suggestions (web grid for feb design and more artboards)

• 1) How about using any of the already existing source files that are floating around on the web? You can open PSD and AI files with Affinity Designer.

2) While I see what you’re aiming at, honestly, this shows bad thinking on the design approach in the first place. You shouldn’t think in display sizes for “iMac”, “iPad”, “Macbook Air“ when designing responsive websites. You should set your own width breakpoints and then design so that it’s adaptable up until the breakpoint is reached. For example, say you want to have a layout for smartphones, a layout for tablets, and a layout for large screens. You choose two arbitrary breakpoints, e. g. 500px and 800px and everything below 500px is for small/narrow viewports (e.g. smartphones), everything in between 500 and 800px is for medium viewports (e. g. tablet computers), and everything above is for large viewports. So, the thinking must be towards how the layout should behave if the viewport is resized. And even though you can just show a snapshot at a certain size with AD it shouldn’t be static and aimed towards just iPads, iPhones, etc. in general. There are hundreds of other devices out there that all have different display sizes and resolutions. So, to conclude: create your own artboards with arbitrary sizes.

3) Yeah, that could be usability enhancement.

• 1) How about using any of the already existing source files that are floating around on the web? You can open PSD and AI files with Affinity Designer.
  • 2) While I see what you’re aiming at, honestly, this shows bad thinking on the design approach in the first place. You shouldn’t think in display sizes for “iMac”, “iPad”, “Macbook Air“ when designing responsive websites. You should set your own width breakpoints and then design so that it’s adaptable up until the breakpoint is reached. For example, say you want to have a layout for smartphones, a layout for tablets, and a layout for large screens. You choose two arbitrary breakpoints, e. g. 500px and 800px and everything below 500px is for small/narrow viewports (e.g. smartphones), everything in between 500 and 800px is for medium viewports (e. g. tablet computers), and everything above is for large viewports. So, the thinking must be towards how the layout should behave if the viewport is resized. And even though you can just show a snapshot at a certain size with AD it shouldn’t be static and aimed towards just iPads, iPhones, etc. in general. There are hundreds of other devices out there that all have different display sizes and resolutions. So, to conclude: create your own artboards with arbitrary sizes.
  • 3) Yeah, that could be usability enhancement.

Yes i can do it. But more comfortable to support this functions. 

I can not add my own artboards to this list, or i can? 

post-31991-0-52546500-1476551561_thumb.png