You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

low quality: transparent vector to exported rasterized image

Hi, I have been browsing the forums for about two hours now attempting to solve the low quality export of vectors (with transparency) I'm experiencing. I adjusted to bicubic and lanczos in the export window, I've tried resizing the vector.

Attached below are rasterized transparent png and gifs, plus a pdf of the original vector, exactly how AD exported them.

On a side note, I'm not exactly sure why this is so difficult to accomplish: to create a smooth realized export of a vector image for the web. Super easy and intuitive in very old versions of adobe illustrator (back in 2004). 

What am I missing/not understanding??

GIF

post-38730-0-59019800-1476482303_thumb.gif

PNG

post-38730-0-29212800-1476482316_thumb.png

PDF

clipart.pdf

• Staff

Hi gw7,

Welcome to the forums.

I've opened your PDF in Affinity Designer, removed the white background and exported to PNG-24, which when viewed at 100% looks fine, see the attachment. Any zoom level past 100% will result in pixelation, unless you export to a vector format such as SVG.

This is the same in other apps as well, however If I export to PNG-8, I can get the same results.

Regards

L

post-22-0-00624700-1476973697_thumb.png

Ah, Thanks, Lee.

I usually just select all or the desired objects and opt to export without the background.

I don't think of the on-page color an actual color. And it isn't in, well, anything else. This brings up the issue that without a selection, a PNG (or other bitmap formats that support transparency) out to be able to be exported without a background anyway. just as with selection has.

Take care, Mike