You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Sarizad,

You can find a video for Designer running on iPad below :)

Thanks

C

Hi C, thanks for the prompt reply. Yep, was already aware on this almost 2-year Designer promo clip.

I have a feeling that the eventual release of Designer for iPad will closely resemble its Photo sibling, in other words, there'd be changes from the original mock-up (the one you pointed to), which, IMHO, may be optimised more so for a desktop application than a touch interface like the iPad.

Ash did mention that the iPad hardware may allow for more efficient work done, see 1:49 to 2:11.

Yep, dying to find out!

Do you guys have any sense of timing on a beta release of this product? Given the capabilities of the IPAD Pro, this would be a very important piece of software. While there is drawing and photo editing software available for the platform, there's nothing close to a desktop product such as yours, or Photoshop. Personally I think Adobe is handing you a huge opportunity here by not releasing a real version of their flagship product for IOS.

Do you guys have any sense of timing on a beta release of this product? Given the capabilities of the IPAD Pro, this would be a very important piece of software. While there is drawing and photo editing software available for the platform, there's nothing close to a desktop product such as yours, or Photoshop. Personally I think Adobe is handing you a huge opportunity here by not releasing a real version of their flagship product for IOS.

I am not sure if Procreate makes the cut for you, when it comes to drawing on an iPad. It does not for me, not quite, at least.

Strangely, I feel the native Notes app that comes with iOS/MacOS has superior drawing capability with its pencil tool right off the bat. The pressure and tilt sensitivities mimic real-world drawing very closely. Downside, there are no layers, but this is to be expected for a Notes app.

Still, attached are what I managed with the Notes app. Will be glad if Affinity for iPad can pull off something like this!