You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Starting off

uNNatuRaLtm

Just started on Affinity Photo. Other than post processing, using it mainly to vectorise my ambigram design orders (this one is kinda pseudo since it says different words). 

Was just fooling around with the logo. Vectors also pixelate if you zoom in too much right? The feathers are just fat strokes. 

Hit me up if anyone wants to order an ambigram. :P

And if anyone could tell me how can I get different brushes/textures as the stroke on the pen tool, that'll be great! (Only the line works..)

Cheers!

post-30772-0-44041200-1476411512_thumb.png

post-30772-0-54911500-1476411523_thumb.png

The designs look very interesting (not lame like the second one implies). I think they look neat.  ^_^

Vectors also pixelate if you zoom in too much right?

Actually, that is because in bitmap applications, they are considered vexels. They are only called vectors to avoid confusion. Not that we can tell from your art since it's high resolution.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Actually, that is because in bitmap applications, they are considered vexels. They are only called vectors to avoid confusion. Not that we can tell from your art since it's high resolution.

So I should get Designer if I wanna make sellable vector art?

If I export sag from inkscape into APhoto and then out to eps from there would the quality be same? 

and thanks for the feedback :)

It's whatever you are more comfortable with. Designer was made for top notch vector editing, but I know many people who benefit more with pixel tools and still use some support for vector editing. I just wanted to share something I learned about vectors to vexels. If you hadn't told me, I would've thought you used Designer for those images. The program is personal preference.

To answer your second question, no. Designer and Photo are compatible with many file formats, but it is recommended to use the same file theme. Inkscape files for example are vector formats, so they should be brought into vector programs. if you bring them into Photo, the quality (although will still look very smooth) will be rasterized, changing the quality and making it harder to edit. You can still bring them in and edit them, but hold on to the originals.

You're welcome.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

I like the font in the 1st image, as it is new.

Vectors are purely mathematical and are just predetermined paths that are based on vectors/angles and thicknesses. Think lines in san drawn with a branch. Think Adobe Illustrator/Affinity Designer (AD).

Bitmaps are more like Roman mosaics, little tiny coloured squares, that are arranged in a grid pattern to build up the final image. Think Adobe Photoshop/Affinity Photo.

HTH

peter

All Affinity apps, can seamlessly work with each others files.

Edited by peter

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Vectors are purely mathematical and are just predetermined paths that are based on vectors/angles and thicknesses. Think lines in san drawn with a branch. Think Adobe Illustrator/Affinity Designer (AD).

Bitmaps are more like Roman mosaics, little tiny coloured squares, that are arranged in a grid pattern to build up the final image. Think Adobe Photoshop/Affinity Photo.

So basically, it will not be a vector when I use the Pen tool in APhoto? 

(The text is made of fat Pen lines. I thought it'll be a vector.)