Sign in to follow this  
bendito33

Edit text content in symbols

Does using a text style help? That allows the different text to share formatting. Changing the style would change all the text in the symbols in the document. The caveat, currently, is that if you add another symbol instance after such a change, the new instance will notice the document uses the same style name with different formatting, and resolve the clash by renaming its style so that it preserves its original appearance. You'd need to either update the symbol after changing the text style, or else apply the document's text style to new symbol instances.

An option to say whether symbols with text styles should use their own style definition or the document's, would make this easier.

I'd like to see this feature aswel. Indeed using textstyles works but it doesn't feel intuitive. I like textstyles and symbols separated like it is now but the Symbols panel should indeed offer some options to edit text content.

+1 for me as well.

Currently I'm evaluating different tools for creating UI/UX concepts.

Affinity Designer is one of the favorites, but missing this feature could be the killer feature ... :-(

One solution would be make this feature for text only - or even let the user select in a list of checkboxes, what attributes of the symbol are synced or not.