You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

We Want Full Support For ALL PhotoShop Plug-Ins

As has been mentioned numerous times in various topics about plug-ins in these forums, adding full support is an ongoing process. For some plugins, it requires adding new features to AP, like the equivalent of PS actions, AP currently lacks. You may want to check out the current AP beta, which has increased support compared to the retail version.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

As RC-R mentioned the plugin support for Affinity Photo is constantly being updated to support as many plugins as it can, the latest being in the Photo Beta. However some plugins are designed with just Photoshop in mind, to have full support for these, the makers would need to work with us to create new versions. Take a look at this link, it shows which plugins are currently working in Affinity.

Currently Affinity Designer doesn't have any options for plugin support.

Neah, not really. Why would I want photoshop ? That's why I got AD. It would make sense to do this for Affinity Photo, not AD

It is not about wanting Photoshop it is about having access to the plugin market that can be used with Photoshop - such as Topaz, Macphun etc.

Have recently exchanged emails with Topaz on this subject and it seems they have no intention of supporting Affinity Photos, Apple Photos or anything else beyond what they support now. Their answer will be, apparently, to enhance their plugins so they can be run as stand-alone apps. So this will be no easy task for Affinity. 

Sorry, but I don't understand your motivation. For the most part, those plugins do the same thing the host program does, in a more specialized way. I have trouble imaginging you cannot do without onOne photo suite to edit your photos or without Nik color pro. All they do is use the already existing array of image processing in a automated way. I know this because I wrote plugins myself, and because I've modified images for a very very long time, and know just about all of PS's plugins intimately. They sell those plugins because of the perceived result. Sure, it takes a bit longer to do without said plugins, but it's not impossible. It takes a bit longer to do due to the learning curve. But that's to be expected.

UI and UX designer extraordinaire, dad, avid Destiny player, and generally striving for decency.

• 2 months later...