You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.5.2 - Beta 3)

• Staff

Is Matt on holidays yet again ?

Matt is not currently in the office.

The forum is quiet without you B)  It is actually noticeable.

Agreed, it's nice when he's around. :)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

How will AD/AP use the new magic touchbar? :)

We are excited about taking full advantage of Apples new hardware and will release an update to Affinity and more information soon.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I'm using the latest version from store which is useless because of fonts bug. Beta from this topic doesn't work telling me that retail version if required. What could I do to resolve problem? When will you update Designer in App Store with fix for fonts?

• Staff

I'm using the latest version from store which is useless because of fonts bug. Beta from this topic doesn't work telling me that retail version if required. What could I do to resolve problem? When will you update Designer in App Store with fix for fonts?

Hi t0m3k

Do you have your Mac App Store version in the default 'Applications' folder within your Mac? If you do not, moving it back to the default Applications folder should solve your problem running the beta.. Unfortunately the Beta Version can only check in that location for the App Store version, so if it's been placed anywhere else it will be unable to find it.

Sean do u know if making a link of the MAS version in the proper location (app folder) will allow the beta to run properly?

Hi t0m3k

Do you have your Mac App Store version in the default 'Applications' folder within your Mac? If you do not, moving it back to the default Applications folder should solve your problem running the beta.. Unfortunately the Beta Version can only check in that location for the App Store version, so if it's been placed anywhere else it will be unable to find it.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Hi t0m3k

Thanks Sean, it solved my problem. It is much better, hope this version will be released to App Store soon as would rather have one app in system.

Still have problem with sharpness after export on retina screen (it's ok on external) but after spending few hours in google I know it's problem with system resolution scaling.  

Even Symlinks?  :ph34r:

Unfortunately this is not possible - it has to be the full application.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Btw, I noticed that in the "Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts > Miscellaneous" you can toggle a bunch of panels on/off but the newer panels like "Assets", "Constraints", and "Symbols" aren't represented there.

Related, I like to keep panels on both sides and usually I just want to toggle entire groups of panels or all panels on the right or all panels on the left. Is that possible to do currently?

• Staff

Hi HYR,

No, currently it's not possible to toggle panels in groups. Only individual panels through shortcuts. Feel free to add this to the Features Requests section.

I believe the rest of the panels that are currently missing will be added at some point, but i will add this as an improvement request just to make sure.

There's no eta for Designer's release, sorry.

Are there outstanding issues with layer selection and grouping? I'm having some strange things happening in my layers, and it seems to be happening in several documents so far. For instance, selecting a layer inside of a group and deleting it seems to still be trying to select the parent group, and it deletes the whole group. Sometimes selecting a layer in a group from the Layers panel will result in nothing be selected at all, and I have to try to select outside of the group or off of the artboard entirely, then back inside again. In several repeated instances, I'll shift+select several layers and group them, but only the last selected layer is placed into a new group (nothing else is).

However, often it seems that closing the application and reopening solves the problem—I was just having selection and grouping problems, restarted and now it seems to be working normally (for awhile).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.