You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.5.2 - Beta 3)

Frank Jonen, hi, aber das passiert auch in der Kaufversion, siehe screenshot.  Deine Vorschläge sind sehr praktikable aber sicher nicht der Weisheit letzter Schluss...

Ich denke doch die Schnittstelle ist das Problem. Apple bietet da der anfragenden Software nix gescheites an. Jede app die das nutzt bekommt am Ende 8-Bit JPEGs.

Und wegen dem Zugriff: ->

Du könntest aber vielleicht mal schauen wie die Rechte auf dieser Festplatte gesetzt sind. Ist sie mit oder ohne Zugriffsrechte (oder wie das in der deutschen version heist) formatiert? Wenn sie mit Rechten formatiert ist kann das manchmal zu Problemen mit interfaces führen. Als ich noch Platten mit Rechten formatiert habe, gab's da jedenfalls oft Probleme.

Ich weis jetzt nicht wie man die Rechte nachträglich ändern kann aber wenn noch eine leere Platte vorhanden ist, könnte man das so einmal testen. Wenn's dann geht, war's das. Wenn nicht, war's was anderes.  

Hi Affinity Team -

I hope I am posting this in the correct location.

I have been having major printing problems ever since the new update to AD - 1.5.1

Because of these issues I decided to download 1.5.2 - Beta 3 - it's seems I am still having the same issues and I'm not sure if I have a setting wrong, a printer that might be the problem, or just plain user error?

However, I never had these problems before the update.

If you look at the attachments it might explain the problems a bit more.

Basically, what is showing on the art board that I am printing is very different then the printed page.

I did a little test with these simple shapes and I added some effects. Orange Star has an Outer Shadow, the Blue Square has a Bevel/Emboss Effect as well as the Red Circle and the Heart has 3D Effect, etc......

Can anyone help me with these issues?

Cheers -

Mario -

My printer is Canon Pro-100

post-2308-0-20255400-1476642328_thumb.jpg

post-2308-0-42404100-1476642356_thumb.png

Beta Test Printing with Issues copy.afdesign

post-2308-0-97409800-1476642442_thumb.png

post-2308-0-62153600-1476642456_thumb.jpg

post-2308-0-52775100-1476642473_thumb.jpg

Working Christmas Woody 2 copy.afdesign

Frank Jonen: Vielleicht ist das von Apple gewollt mit den JEPG's (nichts böses ahnend), wollen vielleicht das als Bildformat der Zukunft reindrücken?

Rechte auf der Festplatte sind gemäß screenshot gesetzt:

Netten Sonntag noch!

Da ist kein user eingetragen, nur admin und System. Setze mal "Eigentümer auf diesem Volume ignorieren". Dann neu starten. Da keine weiteren User eingetragen sind sollte es keine Probleme geben. Backup wär trotzdem gut. Backup ist immer gut.

Hi guys,

About Export Persona, I want to share some feedbacks dealing with usability/workflow:

Once you rename an Artboard is it possible to rename the automatically created slice too?

Otherwise I have to remove/recreate slice or re-type from scratch its name.

It seems that the application cycles artboards names only the first time you access Export Persona or when you create a new artboard, then stops, so you find lots of duplicates even if renamed in Draw persona.

At certain point in the UI design process I tend to clone artboards (in order to inherit guides and grids) more than adding new ones using the specific tool.

Also, is it possible to add a command to collapse all Artboards shown in Export Persona Layers?

It would be easier to spot the slice-less ones

Cheers!

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

• Staff

@Paolo

It was a recent(ish) change, but should be in 1.5.2 Beta 3.

If you don't name your Artboard Slice, it should track the Artboard name.  If you have named the Artboard slice, it will keep the name you gave it even if you rename the Artboard.  You can reset the Slice name by selecting the name, deleting all the text and hitting return.  The Slice will then revert back to the tracking Artboard name.

This only applies to Artboard slices.  All other slices will need to be named (and will revert to "SliceX" if you delete the name).

I'll look at adding a context menu command for collapsing all Layers in the tree.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

• Staff

Guys I can't open beta is asking me to purchase.. doesn't see the purchase version at all am I the only one....

Hi Pela,

Do you have the latest App Store version of 1.5.1 Designer? If so please ensure it is also in the Applications folder - if it is not then the Beta will be unable to recognise it.

@Paolo

It was a recent(ish) change, but should be in 1.5.2 Beta 3.

If you don't name your Artboard Slice, it should track the Artboard name.  If you have named the Artboard slice, it will keep the name you gave it even if you rename the Artboard.  You can reset the Slice name by selecting the name, deleting all the text and hitting return.  The Slice will then revert back to the tracking Artboard name.

This only applies to Artboard slices.  All other slices will need to be named (and will revert to "SliceX" if you delete the name).

I'll look at adding a context menu command for collapsing all Layers in the tree.

Ok, I'll check, I was working with the MAS maybe...

EDIT - The delete name/reflesh thing in Slices studio works for MAS version too.

I wasn't aware of this, maybe a bit implicit, but works better than delete and recreate the slice :)

Thanks

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

• Staff

Yeah - Artboards were added after I finalised the Slice naming rules, so I've not thought about any UI to indicate that a Slice name tracks an Artboard name.  It is unique to Artboards... though should arguably apply to any linked slice.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

The default, art board tracking name can be shown italic font, and once the user names the slice the name can show in regular (unitalicized) font. Just an idea to differentiate user named vs. unnamed (default named) slices...

Yeah - Artboards were added after I finalised the Slice naming rules, so I've not thought about any UI to indicate that a Slice name tracks an Artboard name. It is unique to Artboards... though should arguably apply to any linked slice.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

I need a "Register a copy" command.

Often, I'm working on a file-01. Well, my client want some changes. Ok, I'm doing changes and I'm registering my file. Damned ! I've forgotten to register a file-02 before working…

With Illustrator, I can register a copy file-02 and do a lot of Undo to recover my file-01 before changes.

It's impossible with AD.

I need a "Register a copy" command.

Often, I'm working on a file-01. Well, my client want some changes. Ok, I'm doing changes and I'm registering my file. Damned ! I've forgotten to register a file-02 before working…

With Illustrator, I can register a copy file-02 and do a lot of Undo to recover my file-01 before changes.

It's impossible with AD.

@leongre

Would the Snapshots panel be an answer to this? Snapshots can be used as 'Save Points' which you can return to at any point.

The panel can be displayed from the View menu (Studio submenu).

The Help provides more details on the Snapshots and the panel.

Thanks.

was mache ich falsch? 

It appears you do not have access right to the file you're trying to load.  As far as I can tell from the path you're going straight into a photo library so it's also possible you're competing with a file lock of the application that manages that library.

Regards, Binc

Warning: dark, twisted sense of humour.  Do not feed after midnight.

Wheat and BS intolerant.  Only use genuine Guinness to lubricate.

Just out of interest, what is the typical lag between a bug correction and its appearance as an App Store update?  

Note: this is just out of friendly interest, not to pressure you into any release schedules.  I'm just interested in how long the process takes.

Regards, Binc

Warning: dark, twisted sense of humour.  Do not feed after midnight.

Wheat and BS intolerant.  Only use genuine Guinness to lubricate.

Hi. I'm working in 1.51 (not the beta versions). Just wondering if this has been encountered and if so, perhaps fixed in the new betas.

The issue:

I want to preview alternative fonts for a certain graphic. I start off by clicking to open the character palette; then I click on the font name; then I use my down arrow to scroll through the fonts list to preview them. Yet every time I do this, I inevitably get a spinning wheel of doom about 10 fonts in and then AD crashes.

I have a reasonable amount of fonts installed, plus 8 GB RAM, so there should be no issue, memory-wise.

(This is occurring on my old Intel Power Mac on a disk running Lion).

My BOOK (created with Publisher, Designer & Photo):
Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way)

My WEBSITE (also developed using Affinity apps):
www.RolandK.ca — "Relentless adventures in self-expression"

[Power Mac & Intel PC (HighSierra/Monterey/Win 10]

• Staff

Hi. I'm working in 1.51 (not the beta versions). Just wondering if this has been encountered and if so, perhaps fixed in the new betas.

The issue:

I want to preview alternative fonts for a certain graphic. I start off by clicking to open the character palette; then I click on the font name; then I use my down arrow to scroll through the fonts list to preview them. Yet every time I do this, I inevitably get a spinning wheel of doom about 10 fonts in and then AD crashes.

I have a reasonable amount of fonts installed, plus 8 GB RAM, so there should be no issue, memory-wise.

(This is occurring on my old Intel Power Mac on a disk running Lion).

This is a known issue with the 1.5.1 release. To resolve it, you would need to grab the recent beta until we can include the fix in the next MAS release.

Hi,

I would like to know why document setup dialog show size of all artboard together (or some wierd dimenssions).

Is in it a bit irelevant information? Shouldn't it show default artboard size, for example?

This is propably related to quite strange previews in finder (see the screenshot), as the document keep those dimensions even the artboards are erased and preview is generated for those dimensions. So the preview shows a lot of blank space. More reasonable is to see the first artboard as preview for the file then those mixes, at least for me. And that could prevent this as well.

Keeping the document dimensions after artboards are deleted and show this as preview is a bug… or I am missing something?

post-1445-0-97229100-1476957967_thumb.png

This is a known issue with the 1.5.1 release. To resolve it, you would need to grab the recent beta until we can include the fix in the next MAS release.

Thanks, Chris. In reading the beta release notes, I didn't think that "Resolved Font enumeration crashes at startup..." was describing my font selection/scrolling issue, so I thought I'd mention it, just in case. I really like using AD and am looking forward to more great things in the future. :)

My BOOK (created with Publisher, Designer & Photo):
Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way)

My WEBSITE (also developed using Affinity apps):
www.RolandK.ca — "Relentless adventures in self-expression"

[Power Mac & Intel PC (HighSierra/Monterey/Win 10]

• Staff

Thanks, Chris. In reading the beta release notes, I didn't think that "Resolved Font enumeration crashes at startup..." was describing my font selection/scrolling issue, so I thought I'd mention it, just in case. I really like using AD and am looking forward to more great things in the future. :)

There's been a few font fixes since the MAS version so it might fix it.

I'm really happy to see that this latest beta works perfectly unlike the latest versions (1.5 - 1.5.1)

@whoopys  Do you recommend this NVidia graphics card?

I guess this was not your Mac Pro's original card.

Is it a PC card without Mac firmware? 

mfsignature.jpg

• Staff

joost, I understand this has been addressed since beta 3 yes. But we will need to test the fix.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.