You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hey japr1949,

Sure. I just made a stop sign watermark, exported it as a PNG without a background and then added it as a brush in the Pixel Persona.

Pixel Persona > Brushes Panel > Preferences button > New Image Brush > Browse to the PNG watermark and add it. Once added, you can edit the General settings as well as Dynamics and Texture if so desired. 

Well. I started on your instructions and can't quite figure out where the Pixel Persona control is.  Also, I am having a slight problem with my watermark.  It is simply Briarvale Photo, and as you can see here the word Briarvale keeps getting underlined as , and I'm guessing, a misspelled word.  How do I eliminate that?

• Staff

Hi japr1949,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I believe you are using Affinity Photo. There's no Pixel Persona in Affinity Photo (only in Affinity Designer) but the instructions Chris B can also be applied to the Photo Persona in Affinity Photo. Just ignore the Pixel Persona part and go to the Brushes panel on the right of the interface.

Regarding the misspelled word you can disable it going to menu Text ▸ Spelling and unchecking Check Spelling While Typing or add it to the Spelling Options... (Learn button) in the Text ▸ Spelling menu.

O.K. I am progressing.  I found the Brush pallette in the upper right hand of the screen after I clicked the 'Brush Select' tool.  I then created a new brush type called 'Image'  and then created a new Image brush from my .png file.  The .png file was a simple text of two words.  As a brush it is the moving hash lines.  So back to the drawing board regarding .png files.   No offense, but Photoshop  Elements is a lot easier to deal with regarding watermarks.

I found that the 'Brush Select' tool is the wrong tool.  I can get the watermark to display on a photo with the Paint Mixer Brush but it won't set in place.  There is no Brush tool as shown in the training video on Brushes.  Any idea as to why that is.  There is only the Brush Select and the Paint Mixer Brush icons and it is version 1.4.2?