You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Public Beta - 1.5.0.24 (Windows)

The font list will jump depending on the first letter you type, but you cannot type a full name and select it with just the keyboard.

Hey thanks a lot for the reply! That sucks though, is there something on the roadmap for such a feature?

For example in Ps you type a letter or a couple, then you can browse with the up/down arrows.

fontSelection.gif 

Thanks.

Hey thanks a lot for the reply! That sucks though, is there something on the roadmap for such a feature?

For example in Ps you type a letter or a couple, then you can browse with the up/down arrows.

Thanks.

This is what's on the roadmap for 1.6. The feature you are looking for is not listed, but a staff member did say that there will be additional features other than the ones listed. Perhaps you should bring this up in the Feature Requests section. All feedback is reviewed, but it will be easier for staff to backtrack what people are looking for in that section. It might be forgotten here since this topic is for beta testing purposes. I hope things work out!

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

• Staff

I need to attach my file somewhere else. No matter how much I shrink it, the MB are not going down by much at all. So I will attach the original. Just be warned, it's 100MB.

http://www.filedropper.com/angiecast

Select all of the characters at once while "Scale with object" is checked off. The stroke on several of the characters' eyes will not update; which are clipped objects. As for my cropping problem, Molly's hair disappears. The "Front Hair" object was cropped to make a part of her hair look unclosed.

Thanks for the file! I've reproduced it.

What is happening here is when you drag a marquee selection around the object it is not actually selecting objects placed inside others - this means what when you tick 'Scale with Object' it is not applying it to those objects - commonly the eyes on the characters. So this is causing the scaling issue you are seeing. I will report it to the developers and see what they say as it can obviously catch users out.

Again this is similar to what is happening with Molly's hair. When you do a marquee selection it is not selecting the Front Hair object' so when you resize the 'clipping' object is not being resized making her hair disappear. Again i'll get these reported and see what say.

Hi,

Bug:

Shape with coloured vector brush stroke applied. Click no colour for stroke in colour panel: panel says no colour, but black vector brush stroke visible on canvas. Black stroke disappears when clicking no stroke in stroke panel. 

Thanks man, i started a topic in feature request. Lets see how it goes!

Cheers!

I read the topic. That's good to know that it's possible; perhaps just not implemented yet.

Thanks for the file! I've reproduced it.

What is happening here is when you drag a marquee selection around the object it is not actually selecting objects placed inside others - this means what when you tick 'Scale with Object' it is not applying it to those objects - commonly the eyes on the characters. So this is causing the scaling issue you are seeing. I will report it to the developers and see what they say as it can obviously catch users out.

Again this is similar to what is happening with Molly's hair. When you do a marquee selection it is not selecting the Front Hair object' so when you resize the 'clipping' object is not being resized making her hair disappear. Again i'll get these reported and see what say.

Thank you. I realized if I click each character through the Layers panel and then resize them with "Scale with object" checked off, Molly's hair (cropped) does not disappear. However, the clipped objects (the eyes) still do not update.

Edit: Text on path does not update either.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Hello,

When using Bamboo tablet pen input instead of mouse 'arrow tooltips' around bouding box of selected objects don't appear. I can still shear, rotate and resize on canvas but AD gives no feedback when hovering.

I think this is new to this beta, but I'm not sure.

Bug: On a laptop, starting Affinity switches the brightness of the screen to 100%.

Hi, I use Designer on my laptop every day and have never noticed it switching my brightness settings (we don't have anything in the code which does this). Perhaps you have a power setting that does this? 

Got this version downloaded, but it is practically useless. Text tool simply refuses to work. I've been using this for many betas and been a few issues with color/opacity on Text, but never simply not working like it is now.

Hi, can you provide a video of what you're seeing? I can type text, change opacity, change fill colour, etc.