Hello, is there any preview mode in AD? One command to see the document without border, lines and so on - just the document in full screen. This would be very helpful!

And one more thing: are you planing to make something like Adobe-Lightroom?

Thx

Hi Eisbar,

when you press the tab key, you get a simple preview (unfortunately the guides lines are visible). But better than nothing.
KoBu

Win10 HP i7 - AD (Win), AP (Win), APub beta (Win), AD (iPad), AP (iPad),
Affinity Photo for iPad Pro - the best app I ever had
excuse my bad English

again - I think there must be a solution. See in the attached screen how difficult it is to get an overview without this disturbing lines!

to get a preview - or at least a something like that - I have to export the file in jpeg and open with viewer. Or while scrolling the document in AD very slow the disturbing lines disappear.

post-23867-0-89381500-1476657631_thumb.jpg

Those purple lines are there to show the snapping candidates. Go to the Alignment toolbar and click on the white triangle next to the Snapping button (the red magnet) to display a flyout for the snapping options. Clear the 'Show snapping candidates' checkbox.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

You're welcome, Eisbar. :)

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

Since new users so often do not understand why the the purple outlines are there or how to hide them, I wonder if this would be a good topic for a "sticky" post at the top of the Questions forum....

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

Hej Her out there,

since this is one of THE first threads to come up when researching the issue, I may jump this train as well.

As far as I know, there's currently no shortcut to make a quick preview of your design, right?
I mean, if you fiddle around with a lot of lines, trying to arrange stuff and neatly positioning it, plus you're working with text (so redlines of autocorrect are on) etc. etc.
Your screen is just a mess of lines. ^^

So to quickly (like the big A-Contenter does for example) switch into a preview-mode – to look at your work without distraction and fiddle around while you're there – would be awesome Serif! :)
Yes, I can switch them off one by one, but this really is a tedious way of doing so.

Am I missing something, or hasn't it arrived yet?

thx

// sort of freelancer // professionally designing things digital and IRL // products - gfx - light - UI & UX //

If you press Ctrl + ;  the guides disappear, if you click the magnet the snapping guides disappear. If they are even on.

As for the spelling lines, why don't you just switch them off if you are ignoring them ?

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.