You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Drawing in scale panel

Hi guys,

I currently use Adobe Illustrator to draw technical drawings in a set scale. Although not a native feature of Illustrator, all input measurements etc are scaled to the chosen scale using a plugin suite called CADTools. Sadly I have enquired and there is no future plans for the developer to add Affinity Designer compatibility. This is the only thing stopping me from swapping Illustrator for Affinity Designer. It would be great to have a panel that can handle scale drawing for the more technical illustrators/draughtsman out there. The ability to drag out measurement annotations etc would be also fantastic.

I know that there are obvious work arounds that I can use with extra effort, but the time taken to implement them is not something that I currently wish to add to my workflow.

Thanks! :)

• 1 year later...

I agree that a scaling tool or plugin would add excellent functionality.  Are there plans for this?  For example, in the document properties, one could select the units as well as the scale of the drawing.  Affinity Designer would likely expand its market and be more useful to current users.  Any plans for this?

• 4 years later...

What is the progress in adding a technical drawing capacity to Affinity? A line drawing tool to design an electrical schematic, complete with proper line intersections (hump or no hump or on a dot etc.) and standard component symbols and labels would be a great enhancement. As some have suggested, it likely merits a new persona, complete with a cool work book and a bunch of tutorials. Moving seamlessly from a publication that has graphics, photos, and technical drawings would make the suite sweetly complete.