simpsondesign

Symbols Not Working - AD 1.5

Any chance the 1.5.2 update on 11/15 addressed this?

The 1.5.2 update will address most of your symbol issues but please don't update to 1.5.2 as we found an issue with the version we shipped to the App Store. Version 1.5.2 will reset any brushes, styles, swatches and workspace layout on first run. We have submitted a new 1.5.3 update that should be available later today.

Working with symbols and artboards is still not working in AD 1.5.3. 

For example, I'm having issues when I duplicate an artboard with symbols on it. The symbols get messed up, with layers inside moving position. This is really annoying and time consuming :(

Update: the only way I actually got it working was to create a new artboard, copy all elements from initial artboard and paste them onto the new one. However, this means that I no longer have any guide lines for example. Ideally, I'd like to just duplicate the original artboard.

Update 2: the info in the update above also didn't work when trying to create a 4th arboard :) I got in touch with TonyB directly to send the file for inspection. I couldn't reproduce this issue with a new AD file and elements and symbols created inside AD.

Working with symbols and artboards is still not working in AD 1.5.3. 

For example, I'm having issues when I duplicate an artboard with symbols on it. The symbols get messed up, with layers inside moving position. This is really annoying and time consuming :(

Can you post a design that demonstrates the duplication of Artboards issue. The document in the state before the issue is the most useful.

If we can reproduce then we can fix and deploy a new version.

On 11/22/2016 at 5:12 AM, TonyB said:

Can you post a design that demonstrates the duplication of Artboards issue. The document in the state before the issue is the most useful.

If we can reproduce then we can fix and deploy a new version.

Hi, I'm having a similar issue. Some symbols, when dragged into main pane, correctly register as symbols in the Layers panel. Others just register as a group. I have sync on when using both these symbols. I'm running Affinity Designer 1.7.0 on macOS 10.14.5. See attached video for example.

8 hours ago, palinika said:

Hi, I'm having a similar issue.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @palinika.

Instead of adding a post to a forum topic that is several years old, and for a different release of the products, you should create your own topic if you believe you have found a bug.

The best place to create your bug report is in the current forum for reporting Designer Bugs on Mac. Just click the Start New Topic button. This will avoid confusion, and also ensure that a problem tracking ticket is created so the Serif staff will know about your problem.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta