You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

(Question) Wanna watch some speed-process videos?

Hello there!

Hope you all doing great! Some of you might have seen my website Frankentoon. I have written some simple character design tutorials for Designer. So far, I've had lots of fun doing them. But, tutorials are very time-consuming to produce, hence I can't update the 'Toon Lab' section as often as I wish...

So I started to brainstorm on some ways to have updates more often.  And I was thinking in speed-process videos. I would divide them in 3-4 simple steps, so you can see 2-3 hours footage of my work compressed in 3-5 minutes of video. This looks very practical for me, since you'll be able to watch 'em on my website, Facebook or our Youtube channel, from any device.

Another idea that came up to my mind was to have small artwork 'breakdowns', more like 'makin' of' posts, explaining in a couple of pictures my process for 'x' illustration.

This way I can work on my regular tutorials with less stress, knowing that you have cool content more often.

What do you think? would you be interested in this kind of content alongside the regular written tutorials? Any opinion will help me a lot here. 

Thanks in advance people!

Enrique

• Frankentoon Studio - Tutorials and Resources for Designer, Photo and Publisher

Follow us on Instagram  |  Follow us on Twitter |  Like us on Facebook

These are great ideas, Enrique! :)

(Maybe you could also pick some little points that proved difficult to achieve in making one of your illustrations and describe how you found a solution. Sometimes it is just the little tricks that will help people get on with their own designs. Or you could make a series of shorter and more conceptual tutorials, for instance, how to achieve that certain sort of liveliness, of conciseness and tautness in lines and shapes that brings a character to life. I cannot explain that very well, obviously …)

These are great ideas, Enrique! :)

(Maybe you could also pick some little points that proved difficult to achieve in making one of your illustrations and describe how you found a solution. Sometimes it is just the little tricks that will help people get on with their own designs. Or you could make a series of shorter and more conceptual tutorials, for instance, how to achieve that certain sort of liveliness, of conciseness and tautness in lines and shapes that brings a character to life. I cannot explain that very well, obviously …)

I'll agree with that...maybe a quick 2 minute tutorial on a key feature that defines your style.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Thank you all for your comments. you've given me very interesting points of view, I appreciate it a lot. Right now I'm starting a 'pilot' video. I'll see how it comes out. Please, if you have any further suggestion, will be more than welcome as well.

Cheers!

• Frankentoon Studio - Tutorials and Resources for Designer, Photo and Publisher

Follow us on Instagram  |  Follow us on Twitter |  Like us on Facebook