You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can I use the same affinity license programme if I change my computer?

Hi, this is my first post here in the forum. I´m interested in affinity designer and affinity photo but I have two doubts.

I have a MacBook Pro but it´s from the end of 2008. I´m not sure if I´m going to change it soon or not. In case I buy affinity programmes, is there any problem to use the same licenses in other computers or Ipad Pro?

The other question is I´m not sure I can use these programmes because my computer is a bit old. And also the updatings. Could you give more information about that?

Thanks a lot.

Isabel

• Staff

Hi Isabel,

Welcome to the forums.

You will be able to use the apps on different Macs, you just need to login to the Mac App Store using the same Apple ID that you used to purchase them, then just download and install. Here is a link to the system specs for our apps, we release free updates for these to the app store.

Hope this helps

L

Hi Isabel.

Since you mentioned an iPad Pro, note that the Affinity staff have said that when the iPad retail version(s) of the apps are released, it will be necessary to buy a separate license for that. So if you have both one or more Macs & one or more iPads, you will need to buy two licenses.

Also note that the iPad versions are still in development so it will be a while before they are available for purchase. There is as yet no ETA on when that will be.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7