Sign in to follow this  
brookeanon

Affinity photo and designer both crash when exporting large file.

Hello,

1st post! I've been using Affinity Photo for the past few months and really enjoy it. I'm not a trained designer so there a probably a number of things I don't yet know how to do correctly, however I think the issue I am having presently may be a bug or it could be that there is a better way for me to do something.

At the moment I am making a billboard image 3.6m by 2.4m. I had no problems in the design process but now it crashes when I try to export it. I've tried to export it from both Affinity Photo and also from Affinity Design. It crashes whether I try to export as a PDF/PSD/JPEG etc.

I resized and resaved the document to a smaller size and this document exports totally fine, so it appears to be a size issue.

Is there a work around for this, or is this likely to be a bug?

Thanks for reading, hope someone has some insight :)

Hi brookeanon

Are you able to attach the file at all? Without it it can be slightly difficult to ascertain exactly whats happening? Also what DPI do you have the document setup to? if it is 300 than it is probably far too detailed for a document of this size I would recommend setting it to 72 and seeing if this solves the export for you

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com