Sign in to follow this  
chirpy

Update a Style

Is there no way to update a style in the Styles panel and have all object that use that style update?

I've been searching around but can't seem to find a way to do it.

Is this something that will be added in the future? It seems like that would be the point of have styles to begin with, so that all objects with that style are easily updatable.

I completely agree! If there are going to be styles, the behaviour needs to be identical, whether it's text (character or paragraph) or tables, or any other - if you update the style it needs to update all objects/text/tables with that change.

Related to that question, I'm looking around but I can't find a way to edit a pre-saved style in the style panel. Am I missing something or is this not possible?

Related to that question, I'm looking around but I can't find a way to edit a pre-saved style in the style panel. Am I missing something or is this not possible?

After modifying the style fill, etc., click the little menu button on the style panel, and chose. "Add style from selection." 

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet