You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've just gotten Affinity and the biggest thing I'm missing from sketch, and kind to think of it, pretty much the only thing holding me back from switching over completely is the lack of a ui template built into the app.

You could work than into a UI Design persona, which would then allow for this to show up in the file menu. Something like New from Template > iOS UI Template, iOS Icon Template, Android UI Template, Android icon template.

What I'd also love for it to do is allow for script-supported batch processing. Ideally javascript, but I'd be ok with python too.

Also, if you'd throw in a free/purchaseable viewer for iOS and Android, that would be sweet ! Something to allow for the design to be mirror-able to the phone so I could check out the design live. Ideally that client would incorporate some of Bjango's cool features like being able to colorproof for all 4 types of colorblindness and ideally short-sighted-ness too.

Keep rocking guys !! :D

UI and UX designer extraordinaire, dad, avid Destiny player, and generally striving for decency.

• Staff

Hi sorin.jurcut,

Welcome to Affinity Forums and thanks for your words/feedback :)

There's plenty of free iOS, Android etc UI/icon templates that you can import into Designer (and save in the Assets panel). Affinity Designer already includes one for free (Grade UI KIT) in version 1.5. There will be a mirror/viewer app for iOS available later. 

Currently there's no plans to add scripting to the app in the short/medium term. We are committed to implement what was defined on Designer's roadmap first.

Hi sorin.jurcut,

Welcome to Affinity Forums and thanks for your words/feedback :)

There's plenty of free iOS, Android etc UI/icon templates that you can import into Designer (and save in the Assets panel). Affinity Designer already includes one for free (Grade UI KIT) in version 1.5. There will be a mirror/viewer app for iOS available later. 

Currently there's no plans to add scripting to the app in the short/medium term. We are committed to implement what was defined on Designer's roadmap first.

I've seen Grade. I'm actually talking about the native look and feel. There's lots of custom UI kits to go around, but having a really native one already built in would make things so much easier. Rather to have to import it and do everything by hand, if it's there and you're just opening it and drag-droping on your design, or heck, even better, include a UI assets library from the start, that would make prototyping stuff faster and more efficient.

EDIT: My bad. Found the assets. :) Why not include Android UI, iOS and Android icon templates here too ? It just makes sense and it's hella useful !

UI and UX designer extraordinaire, dad, avid Destiny player, and generally striving for decency.

Ideally that client would incorporate some of Bjango's cool features like being able to colorproof for all 4 types of colorblindness and ideally short-sighted-ness too.

About this point, AD can soft proof any profile, it also has LUT capabilities.

You could use a profile to check colour blindness non destructively, but... No colour blindness profiles around...  <_<

I find really weird that nobody on the planet has ever tried to create an ICC or LUT...

I found only Hald cLUT PNGs... But these are not supported by AD.

In the mean time I suggest you this little but powerful utility.

http://colororacle.org

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers