Hi,

I am a complete Newbie on this Forum, so please be gentle.   :D

System details:

HP Envy TS 15 Notebook PC running Windows 10 64-Bit OS

Intel® Core i7-4700 MQ CPU@ 2.40GHz

16 GB RAM

Intel® HD Graphics 4600

NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M

This is my problem:  I keep getting an unhandled exception error (as per Topic Title). Since updating AD to the latest release, every time I create a document and add anything to the page, as soon as I deselect it the exception error occurs. I can open a document, but as soon as I try to edit anything within that document the exception error occurs. Basically, I am currently unable to use the program for anything. I have tried un-installing and re-installing AD but I get the same result. I have tried swapping the display adapter, but I get the same result and it is always the same error code.

I am at a complete loss, so I would be grateful for any guidance or advice you could give.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Kind regards,

Neil

Welcome to the Affinity Forums, Neil. :)

Try clearing your user data. Press the Ctrl key, hold it down while you launch the program from its shortcut, and keep it held down until the Clear User Data dialog appears. Now release the Ctrl key and press the 'Clear' button.

If the app still won't launch correctly, try again but put a tick in every checkbox before you press 'Clear'.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi Alfred,

Thank you for the welcome!   :)

What a complete and utter Hero you are Alfred! A fellow Scotsman as well!!  Problem solved! 

If I have any more problems I know who to look to for help. I can't thank you enough my friend!

Kind regards,

Neil

And now I have no way of diagnosing the problem  :blink:.

Sorry about that, Mark! Don't you get an error report automatically when the user restarts the app after a crash? :o

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Sorry about that, Mark! Don't you get an error report automatically when the user restarts the app after a crash? :o

We do, most of the time. There are things which affect that though, e.g. some crashes don't seem to get caught so we can't write out the data, sometimes people's internet connection's drop during upload, sometime their firewalls deny the connection, etc. Also, a crash report doesn't give us all the information, it tells us where it crashed, but not how we ended up in that state, so it's often useful to have a reproducible version of the crash. We can then log that and use the recipe to confirm we've actually fixed it.

I got the same error last night. I created a new artboard, When I used the Artboard tool, clicked on the AB name and dragged it to reposition it, the error dialog popped up. Windows asked to shut down AD, I said yes. When I restarted AD, it asked if I want to open a recovered file, I said yes. Tried to reproduce the crash by using the AB tool and dragging the artboard name, but all worked fine.

I can't remember when in the crash/shut down/reopen process, but AD did send an error report back to HQ.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.