You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Jim, 

The easiest way would be to use a third-party uninstaller to identify and uninstall them for you like AppDelete. There's more apps like this but I prefer that one.

The other way is to identify each of the files manually and delete them. I would like to confirm this before posting/listing any files here.

Where did you find those files?  Shouldn't the creation date on the files tell you which is the latest version?  As for Saving the Shortcuts Prefs, you can specify where you want it to go.

The files are located in several subfolders at path ~/Library/Containers/<app name>/Data/Library/Application Support

where the leading ~/ part refers to your home folder & <app name> is the name of the Affinity app. The name is com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner for the MAS retail version of AD & (I think) for the trial version but for the betas the name will be appended with a ".beta" suffix, for example com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner.beta for the AD betas.

If you have Affinity Photo installed on an OS X version that supports app extensions, you will probably see several related folders in the Containers folder, one for the app & one for each Photo extension (like com.seriflabs.affinityphoto.LiquifyExtension).

Each of the app name subfolders contains various data related only to the named app, so for example everything in the com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner subfolder is independent of everything in the com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner.beta one. As far as I know, there is no guarantee that swapping or duplicating a file between the retail & beta ones will work.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7