You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

copying clipboard content [also] in svg format

I've been setting my eyes on Hype 3.5 for animating my AD creations and read someplace that between Sketch and Hype you can transfer SVG code simply with cmd+c and cmd+v since they can exchange clipboard data in SVG. (hmm, was it sketch, or AI with some plugin? I'm no longer sure)

regardless, wouldn't it be great if AD would generate SVG code when copying to the clipboard so that other vector programs (hype, inkscape etc) could get this information instead of the rasterized bitmap?

• 5 weeks later...

Yep, that must be Sketch... but it allows you to copy the CSS.

I'm a user of Tumult Hype Pro and new to AD. It would be really nice if AD could support CSS (and/or SVG) copy.

The way this works with Sketch and Hype is shown in this video:

SVG export is around 0:55 or so, and CSS-copy is demonstrated from 04:15 up.

Best regards,

Maik

tool-in-the-middle I'm looking at is Pixelcut PaintCode 3. This latest version also supports Javascript and optimized SVG export.

It's less powerful when it comes to drawing and desining then AD, but it has some very nice features and can import multiple formats. 

You could take a look at this video: https://youtu.be/9SE2tmgYbCU

Best regards,

Maik

@MattP & @MEB Wow! Regardless of whether it currently functions properly in Hype, this is just awesome!

I tested it out with a sublime text and it rocks!!!!!

Does enabling the SVG clipboard export have any negative side-effects when copy-pasting (regardless of Hype)?

I'm asking this, since by-default it's unchecked, so maybe there is a catch/scenarios when this wouldn't be desirable?