You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using brushes as stroke is not full, is it an error or original?

Hello,

As this lesson here Stylish Strokes: Textured Lines   the bee which is a round circle has a brush stroke that starts and ends in full, which means that the brush stroke covers all the areas see photo.post-35444-0-28179000-1475946703_thumb.jpg

But in my case there is a small gap in the circle! see photo.

Is this a problem or this is the way it should look?post-35444-0-66287000-1475946701_thumb.jpg

And Thank you :)

Hello,

As this lesson here Stylish Strokes: Textured Lines   the bee which is a round circle has a brush stroke that starts and ends in full, which means that the brush stroke covers all the areas see photo.attachicon.giftheVideosBrushStroke.jpg

But in my case there is a small gap in the circle! see photo.

Is this a problem or this is the way it should look?attachicon.gifmyBrushStroke.jpg

And Thank you :)

Hello malozaibi,

I get the same result (= gap) as you do. I just watched the video again and I suspect the designer of the bee covered the gap with the eyeball of the bee  :)

Of course we'de need a conformation if this is the case.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Hello malozaibi,

I get the same result (= gap) as you do. I just watched the video again and I suspect the designer of the bee covered the gap with the eyeball of the bee  :)

Of course we'de need a conformation if this is the case.

d.

I see now, yes you may be write. I can see the rotated square of the bee now :)

Thank you very much Dominik :), However, wouldn't it be cool if it were without the gab? I with the implemented this option.

However, wouldn't it be cool if it were without the gab? I with the implemented this option.

I am just a user not a developer, so I don't know if this is possible. In some ways a closed circle should be a closed circle no matter what line width or brush stroke is selected.

I tried as a workaround to duplicate the circle at the exact same position and rotate it by 180°. But this does not give the desired result.

Let's see what team Affinity has to say on monday  :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

Hi Malozaibi

In the meantime (until affinity says something) one method to avoid the gap is to draw the ellipse or the rectangle, apply the brush, convert it to curves, then break the curve with the node tool (if necessary one has to correct the nodes with the node tool).

post-32342-0-17244100-1476013399_thumb.jpg

Win10 HP i7 - AD (Win), AP (Win), APub (Win), AD (iPad), AP (iPad),
Affinity Photo for iPad Pro - the best app I ever had
excuse my bad English

I am just a user not a developer, so I don't know if this is possible. In some ways a closed circle should be a closed circle no matter what line width or brush stroke is selected.

I tried as a workaround to duplicate the circle at the exact same position and rotate it by 180°. But this does not give the desired result.

Let's see what team Affinity has to say on monday  :)

d.

Will see what they say :)

Hi Malozaibi

In the meantime (until affinity says something) one method to avoid the gap is to draw the ellipse or the rectangle, apply the brush, convert it to curves, then break the curve with the node tool (if necessary one has to correct the nodes with the node tool).

A very clever and good trick, Thank you so much :)

convert it to curves, then break the curve with the node tool (if necessary one has to correct the nodes with the node tool).

Interesting solution. Sorry I did not think of that :) 

Thankyou.

d.