jonep

Crashes while exporting after clicking on a file to get its name

Hi,

when I want to override an existing exported image I don´t want to type in the file name again but want to get it from the existing file by clicking it.

1. The file name won´t get selected by clicking an existing file (see attachement)

2. When I press "save" Affinity Designer crashes

post-38202-0-93379900-1475932951_thumb.png

Hi jonep,

I can't reproduce that here at the moment, can you let us know what OS you are on, and possibly provide the crash report information from the crash to help us look into this?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi, I have just figured out that I have the same issue, but also have a workaround - select LIST view, and you will be able to select the old file and will grab its name from there.

I was getting annoyed because I kept saving over the wrong file, thought I was going stupid! Turns out that I was selecting in thumbnail view to get the filename, same as you - never had a crash though - Affininty just happily saved over. Anyway, changed to list view, and am able to select the name from there.

Definitely a bug though, hopefully fixed soon.

Cheers

Wayne

Hi, I have just figured out that I have the same issue, but also have a workaround - select LIST view, and you will be able to select the old file and will grab its name from there.

I was getting annoyed because I kept saving over the wrong file, thought I was going stupid! Turns out that I was selecting in thumbnail view to get the filename, same as you - never had a crash though - Affininty just happily saved over. Anyway, changed to list view, and am able to select the name from there.

Definitely a bug though, hopefully fixed soon.

Cheers

Wayne

This is actually a bug in macOS Sierra! You can select in thumbnail view but you have to do a click and a drag for it to select.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7694022?start=0&tstart=0

Thanks Sean, was supposing that it was probably an OS thing and not an Affinity thing. They're a bit crap sometimes, aren't they?? Any idea how long this has been crap? Is it just since Sierra?

Cheers