You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to use corner tool while being friendly with scaling?

Hello,

I really like the corner tool and the amazing work it do. However, I find it annoying that the scaling of an object will destroy the intended shape because the rounded corners don't scale with the object, but keep the same!

Why not to have an option like the stroke that allows it to be scaled with the shape?

I don't want to convert it to curve, I want the corner to have the ability to be changed with the tool :)

Thank you, and I hope this will be implemented in the next windows beta :)

Hey, you have to uncheck the "absolute sizes" and then you can set the radius in % which scale with the object. If you need, you can set the radius in px, then uncheck "absolute sizes" and designer recalculate this value to %.

Can you please guide me on how to do that exactly. I couldn't find these options! I am a beginner :)

Hey, sure. Look at the image. I draw 2 rectangles, both have relative size corners set on 25% (as default). You can check "Absolute sizes" to be able to set the pixel range. But with this absolute sizes the corners won't change their radius when resize whole object. Only when using relative sizes (%). Is it clear enough?

post-32587-0-58234500-1475952535_thumb.jpg

Hey, sure. Look at the image. I draw 2 rectangles, both have relative size corners set on 25% (as default). You can check "Absolute sizes" to be able to set the pixel range. But with this absolute sizes the corners won't change their radius when resize whole object. Only when using relative sizes (%). Is it clear enough?

Yes clear, but this will worked only with the Rounded Rectangle Tool not the Corner Tool (the fourth tool on the column)!

I need the same option you have shown me but for this "Corner Tool". If it is not exists, how can I ask to put this feature?

Thank you :)

If it is not exists, how can I ask to put this feature?

Thank you :)

Hi malozaibi,

there is a Feature Request forum where you can post a message. See here: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/6-feature-requests/

Cheers,

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.