You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to Affinity Designer to version 1.5, however when I need to use Affinity Photo on my design there is no "Edit in Affinity Photo" option available and if an attempt is made to open a saved file which has been saved or created in Affinity Designer then a message is returned 'The file version is not supported by this version of Affinity.'. 

Is there a solution to this problem as much of my work involves working in both platforms with the same files?

• Staff

Hi pilkinghorn,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

There will be an update to Affinity Photo soon (to 1.4.4) to add compatibility with the new file format used by Affinity Designer 1.5.

We intended to release both updates at the same time but due to some crash reports/bugs discovered after Designer's release we decided to delay the Photo update a little to prevent the same issues from happening until we discover what's going on. Please accept our apologies. We are working as fast as we can to have those issues fixed.

Meanwhile if you absolutely need them working, you can install both latest Photo (1.5 Beta 6) and Designer (1.5.2 Beta 2) which should work without issues. Just remember to keep the respective Mac App Store versions installed since they are needed to validate/run the Betas.