chr.schmitz

AD 1.5.x Symbols Scrambled

Hello,

I have an issue with the great new feature "Symbols". Attached you will find a series of screen shots, which illustrate the problem:

ScreenShot1: let's start with a document with 2 groups: Background and Stop Pedale OFF

ScreenShot2: make a symbol of Stop Pedale OFF

ScreenShot3: duplicate the symbol.

ScreenShot4: change the x position in the transform panel to another value (here 540)

ScreenShot5: now everything is scrambled! The position of the first symbol moved from 260 to -15.2, and the positions of the child elements have also changed.

Attached you will find an archive with the 5 screen shots and the test document.

Best,

Chris

TestDocument.afdesign

ScreenShots.zip

Same problem here.

OSX 10.9.5, AD 1.5.1

It happens with rasterised content symbols. Creating copies using Move tool or by dragging directly from the symbols palette change the position of the ones that are already placed in the document. Even locking them doesn't prevent the displacement.

It only happens with rasterised <pixel> content, not <image> ones, at least for me. I have symbols with both and <image> parts have a normal behavior.

I hope this helps.

Hi Chris,

No. Image layers are images that you have dragged to the canvas from Finder or imported using the Place Image Tool or the File ▸ Place... menu command. They are considered an object layer type (they keep all the information of the original image you imported intact) and can only be changed globally (scale, skew, rotate etc) while Pixel layers are generic containers to work with them at a pixel level.

So if you have Image layers that you (or the software automatically) converted to Pixel layers (for editing at a pixel level) you probably still have access to the original files you used to bring them to the program.

Just wanted to confirm that this bug exists on the Windows build too.

A partial workaround... I found that if I added a rectangular mask to the Group before making it a symbol, then I could successfully drag new copies from the panel onto the canvas.

Leave the copies alone and all is well, but as soon as I moved them the bug shows up again!

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

ScreenToGIF (Open Source, Portable, ~610kB)