You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lightroom-Affinity Photo Roundtrip Problem

Hello:

I have AF set as my Lightroom external editor on both my iMac and MacBookPro. Same versions of LR and AF and the OS on both. On the MBP, when I send an image from LR to AF for editing (usually just inpainting) and finish the edit, I hit Save, then Close, and the image goes back to LR with the adjustment. When I do the same action on the iMac, when I hit Save in AF I get a box asking where to save the image. I choose LR then close the image. But when I go back to LR, it's nowhere to be found.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

By the way: I develop my pictures in lightroom and what to make the final works in Affinity. Can I work with the Lightroom format in Affinity? And when I "throw" it back from Affinity to Lightroom, I have a TIFF file. Is there any option to get a "lightroom format", so I can make further corrections in Lightroom (after using Affinity) without loosing quality?

(Hope that was not to weird ;-)   )

thx

There is no such thing as Lightroom format.

Roundtrip principle is that you catalog and coarse adjust RAW files in LR and after that refine selected images in your favourite pixel editor (that is AP) by using Edit in.. command in LR. Saving edited file SHOULD save TIFF back to LR library, where you can if needed do further edits with LR tools. So you end with both RAW and TIFF versions in your LR catalogue. It is known that LR does not always register returning TIFFs.

Losing quality, now that is relative. In smart workflow quality gets better even if pixels are altered ;-)