You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Public Beta - 1.5.0.23 (Windows)

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability

Requirements: None

As this is a beta release, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is worth noting that files created in Affinity 1.5 cannot be opened in 1.4, which means files created with the Windows beta cannot be opened in the Mac AppStore version of Designer, instead you will need the latest macOS beta.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Added support for Type 1 fonts
  • Added 'Show Selection in Layers Panel' to preferences (see Known Issues below)
  • Fixed font transparency incorrectly displaying on the Character panel
  • Fixed crash when opening documents due to corrupted Wacom tablet driver (thanks opclinid)
  • Fixed Paragraph panel not being correctly initialised when first opened
  • Fixed crash at startup (thanks jayweber)
  • Fixed Text Styles 'Show in both panels' option not remaining enabled/applied
  • Fixed Text Styles not updating when changing language until a ctrl+run
  • Fixed slice selection difficulties in Export Persona
  • Fixed creating an Export Setup Format Preset not showing its applied after creation
  • Fixed guides and slices to reposition when the document is resized
  • Fixed slices to rotate with the document
  • Fixed Paragraph leading dropdown automatically closes when mousing over
  • Fixed editing a swatch showing opacity instead of noise
  • Fixed Paragraph panel's spacing Fields not being big enough to fit 'mm'
  • Fixed Character panel crash when no document is available
  • Fixed renaming brush with Edit Brush dialog open not updating the name
  • Fixed Views in View Menu never being populated for Pixel or Export Persona
  • Fixed external links from Help not using default browser
  • Fixed hardware cutters failing as printing wasn't outputting vector data correctly
  • Fixed brush previews being a lot fainter than macOS version
  • Fixed Tint value not getting reset to 100% when colour has been changed
  • Fixed being able to edit registration colour swatch
  • Fixed render problems when docking floating windows
  • Fixed swapping between categories changing the colour of waterfalls on fill flyout
  • Fixed slow opacity slider on Layers panel
  • Fixed holding shift on colour sliders not moving all sliders together (previously was only on RGB sliders)
  • Fixed shape flyout displaying in colour even when monochromatic icons are turned on
  • Fixed Previous/Next/Rename/Delete View point option always being enabled
  • Fixed selecting snapping preset when snapping is disabled not applying preset
  • Fixed Constraints panel remaining enabled with no document 

Known issues
  • Enabling 'Show Selection in Layers Panel' will cause a crash when enabled and then making an empty selection

Yeeea congratulations to a new release with many fixes that get's even closer to a great program.

System                                                              Notebook Lenovo P50

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900x                              CPU: Intel i7-6700HQ

RAM: 64 GB                                                   RAM: 32 GB

GPU: RTX 3080 TI                                         GPU: NVIDIA Quadro M2000M 4 GB

SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB                       SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 500GB

OS: Windows 11 Edu x64                               OS: Windows 10 x64

TFT: 1 x Samsung C49RG94SSU                  TFT: 2 x Lenovo

I think it's fantastic how much each beta is addressed before the final version. I can name plenty of other programs that are released before being fully tested. Not too many programmers take this kind of time and patience any more. In short, keep it up.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Wow. This is fast. I just installed the last update, too. The Affinity team is really doing some great work releasing updates. I'll installed this asap. 

Update:

Just installed the newest update and now I am gonna test the new features that I saw in a feature showcase video on Vimeo (

).

Also, I have a question: when the full Windows of Affinity Designer launches soon, will the Grade UI kit offer be included for Windows users as well? That would be great, actually.

Was trying out the Constraits feature and I ran into this problem (see image attached). I originally made the shape using the Shape Tool, choose Polygon, and then later converted it into a Symbol, then used the Node Tool to wrap the shape into a Circle. However, when I used Constraits to keep the text from sizing with the circle, the shape gets a strange square shape attached. 

post-3208-0-50084300-1475937399_thumb.gif

And what 'Show Selection in Layers Panel' does, as I can't notice any difference (except the crash :-) ) ?

First, you have to activate it in the settings (Surface). Then, you select an object. Now skips the layers list to the corresponding layer - even though this was not to see.

Hey guys, thank you for the amazing work! I haven't been excited about a design software since 2004. I feel like a kid again exploring Affinity Designer and experimenting with all the stuff... Thank you!

There is a feature in Macromedia Flash (yes you're reading right) called Convert Lines To Fills and it goes something like this...

linesFills.gif

Is there something similar in Designer, or a different approach?

Thanks again and all the luck!

Hey guys, thank you for the amazing work! I haven't been excited about a design software since 2004. I feel like a kid again exploring Affinity Designer and experimenting with all the stuff... Thank you!

There is a feature in Macromedia Flash (yes you're reading right) called Convert Lines To Fills and it goes something like this...

linesFills.gif

Is there something similar in Designer, or a different approach?

Thanks again and all the luck!

Layer/spand stroke

Very good! But that should be the default setting.

I agree  with you that it is good to have this  option. Perhaps for now it's not the default due to the "known issue" that just crashed AD here :-)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

And what 'Show Selection in Layers Panel' does, as I can't notice any difference (except the crash :-) ) ?

The option, "Find in Layer Panel," quickly indicates where that selected object is in the Layers Panel without having to dig through it.

Hey! It’s not the programmers’ fault when the companies they work for rush things to production before being ready. Serif is clearly one of the few companies that let their programmers do their job right.

lol I thought you were serious at first with your first sentence. My sarcasm detector was getting weaker. I know, this is exactly what makes waiting worth it. Serif actually does the job.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

>view >"show rulers" is nonfunctional

The menu option and the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+R) both work for me in build 1.5.0.23.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Known issues

• Enabling 'Show Selection in Layers Panel' will cause a crash when enabled and then making an empty selection

I also get a crash if I Ctrl-click an object in a group when 'Show Selection in Layers Panel' is enabled. :(

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Was trying out the Constraits feature and I ran into this problem (see image attached). I originally made the shape using the Shape Tool, choose Polygon, and then later converted it into a Symbol, then used the Node Tool to wrap the shape into a Circle. However, when I used Constraits to keep the text from sizing with the circle, the shape gets a strange square shape attached. 

Hi James,

Unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce the behaviour in your GIF.

You able to attach the file shown in the GIF (but just prior to changing the constraints)? 

Thanks

Hello guys,

I have trouble when i try install on windows 10.

When installing, I receive this message:

"It's not possible remove the last version of Affinity Designer Public Beta. Contact the technical suport group."

I have no idea how to fix it. :(

Someone can help me?

Ty! :)

Hi Jon,

Thanks for attention first of all.

I had the same version (1.5.0.23), but this version was not starting, so I removed and tried reinstalling. After I received the error for the first time I cleared all Affinity Designer files, and cleared all registers from regedit. But still showing the same message when i try install, but i received the same message.

Ty :)

Hi James,

Unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce the behaviour in your GIF.

You able to attach the file shown in the GIF (but just prior to changing the constraints)? 

Thanks

I can reproduce that no problem, but I wont be until this evening.