You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Affinity team,

I don't know what is the best set-up (Designer and Photo) to use with my hardware :

MacBook Pro 9,1 - i7 2,6Ghz - 8Go Ram - nVidia GeForce GT650M 1Go + Intel HD4000
OSX El Capitan 10.11.6

I don't find any informations to understand what could be the best preferences I've to select for my kind of hardware.

For the moment I've selected both and I got less "ventilation panic", but is it the best thing to do ?

According to me, there is a lack of information on some options in the prefs. panels.

Thanks by advance for your answers.

• Staff

Hi DEF13,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Hardware OpenGL is a lot faster than the integrated GPU. By default Affinity picks the discrete graphic card (nVidia GeForce GT650M 1Go in your case) if you are using a MacBook Pro (at the cost of more power).

For more details please check this post by MattP (Project lead on Affinity Designer) about the performance options available in Affinity apps.

Thanks for the answer.
It's very interresting.

I will post later a list of improvments, especialy for contectuals menus in layers panels or in workspace area.