You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.5.2 - Beta 1)

• Staff

Firstly, I think this post warrants an explanation. We released Affinity Designer 1.5 to the Mac App Store today and found a serious issue printing in macOS Sierra and also we already had an issue pending with the Export dialog, so we immediately fixed both problems and pushed another build to Apple and they (incredibly quickly) reviewed it and released it a few hours ago. Since creating the 1.5.1 version, we also became aware that a small numbers of users seem to be seeing other critical issues and our aim is to resolve these as quickly as we possibly can and make these fixes available to customers immediately in the form of the 1.5.2 Beta. Once these critical issues appear stabilised we can then push this update to the store so that all users will be able to use the App Store version.

Purpose: Stability & Critical fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download: 1.5.2 Beta 1 Here

This beta is intended to fix any critical issues found in the current App Store version and should be considered to be more stable than the App Store product.

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

Fixes:

• Resolved Font enumeration crashes at startup

Firstly, I think this post warrants an explanation. We released Affinity Designer 1.5 to the Mac App Store today and found a serious issue printing in macOS Sierra and also we already had an issue pending with the Export dialog, so we immediately fixed both problems and pushed another build to Apple and they (incredibly quickly) reviewed it and released it a few hours ago. Since creating the 1.5.1 version, we also became aware that a small numbers of users seem to be seeing other critical issues and our aim is to resolve these as quickly as we possibly can and make these fixes available to customers immediately in the form of the 1.5.2 Beta. Once these critical issues appear stabilised we can then push this update to the store so that all users will be able to use the App Store version.

Purpose: Stability & Critical fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download: 1.5.2 Beta 1 Here

This beta is intended to fix any critical issues found in the current App Store version and should be considered to be more stable than the App Store product.

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

Fixes:

• Resolved Font enumeration crashes at startup

I downloaded this and when it opened it said Affinity Designer Trial!

- Firstly, I think this post warrants an explanation.

- So we immediately fixed both problems

- And pushed another build to Apple and they (incredibly quickly) reviewed it and released it a few hours 

I Love how open and honest you guys are...Despite any challenges that come along, it builds confidence in you and the software knowing how quickly you fix those pesky bugs and how accessible the team is. And that you genuinely want to create something amazing and wow your customers with each and every single update.

I know a tremendous amount of effort is being put in to keep Affinity ahead of the game and to keep your customers happy. Keep up the great work.

Allan

post-9020-0-10776000-1475796213_thumb.jpg

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

• Staff

WOW! Finally I was able to download the Beta and install it and now it opened with no problems. Thank you guys!

That's brilliant - thank you so much for letting me know, I was really hoping that we'd manage to resolve your issue! :D 

• Staff

I Love how open and honest you guys are...Despite any challenges that come along, it builds confidence in you and the software knowing how quickly you fix those pesky bugs and how accessible the team is. And that you genuinely want to create something amazing and wow your customers with each and every single update.

I know a tremendous amount of effort is being put in to keep Affinity ahead of the game and to keep your customers happy. Keep up the great work.

Allan

attachicon.gifMy Strawberry Monkey.jpg

Thank you Allan! It genuinely means a lot, mate! :)

Matt

Once these critical issues appear stabilised we can then push this update to the store so that all users will be able to use the App Store version.

So, no break for you guys after that milestone, eh? :P

I feel sorry for you but thanks for your continuous hard work, anyway. You make many people happy. And that’s what counts.

[…] AD made it to the US App Store's featured banners!

I see both of them …  :D

I could imagine that it’s all more or less personalized, i. e. what you see doesn’t necessarily mean everybody else sees, too. Looking at the internet connections the App Store makes during start and use (and even if you just switch on your computer it “phones home”) they might know more about your interests and usage behavior than you imagine.

Makes sense VIPStephan...

I could imagine that it’s all more or less personalized, i. e. what you see doesn’t necessarily mean everybody else sees, too. Looking at the internet connections the App Store makes during start and use (and even if you just switch on your computer it “phones home”) they might know more about your interests and usage behavior than you imagine.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Oops … did not think of that, how incredibly naive. On the other hand, why should Apple feature a software that I already have? Wouldn’t it make more sense to show me an app that is capable of creating … arrowheads …? ;)

Furthermore, by your reasoning, they would have to create front page wallpapers for every major app on the Mac App Store, just in order to target the users that seem to be interested in that particular app. Are these wallpapers created by the developers?  :unsure:

Highly mysterious …

Alex

(By the way, there seems to be an issue with the alpha channel of the app icon on the App Store page …)

• Staff

I'm reasonably sure there is one 'Featured' page for each App Store territory, so the only differences people see is just down to their territory. All pages are completely created and controlled by Apple. Our icons are going a bit funny today - don't know why, but at random they're fine, then broken - it's absolutely nothing that we can control and it does seem to just happen every once in a while (rather strangely!) - it'll settle down again in time, I'm sure (I hope!!!!)

Thanks again everyone - I'm just building a Beta 2 right now that should offer an improved experience :) I'll upload it when I've done it and tested it for a while :)

Matt

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.