You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Request "UI" User interface features

1. Please add the bright color theme as a choice across the whole program and not only some background (meaning leaving the bars dark) some light grey shades would be welcomed, as nice as dark nearly black looks it is a real pain to work with when you suffer from LASIK side effects and your eyes can't focus on dark objects so well...

2. Very important, we have a 21st century now and super tiny bars, menus and so on on 2560x1600 or even better on 4k monitors are just impossible for comfortable work.

I know there is option to scale the whole windows but this is the worst scenario as it messes up everything else, many devs still refuse to acknowledge the need for larger interface and scaling whole windows by 200% on 1600p is not cutting maybe on 4k is sort of ok anything in between 100 and 200% is blurred and ugly.

So again please add a scaling option something like 130 - 150% maybe would do it or if you can do it some smooth % size slider.

Thanks

• Staff

ds24a3,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums  :)

A lighter interface is in the pipeline. I am sure that we will not allow the UI to become unusable as hardware quality improves, so I will bring your point up about the UI size.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

A lighter interface is in the pipeline.

Can you confirm (or, better yet, deny!) that we'll have to wait until after version 1.x for this?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

I thought you had repeatedly said it had been answered categorically. What would you do with another categorical answer? ;)

Light UI will be released, like all our features, when it's ready.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I thought you had repeatedly said it had been answered categorically. What would you do with another categorical answer? ;)

Light UI will be released, like all our features, when it's ready.

...guess it´s cause I once stated that a dev said it would be not a V1 feature but at that time I hadn't´t had the post on hand to explicitly prove that so I might as well be wrong.

So if I was wrong I guess many would be happy if you´d rectify my mistake.

....sounds like I was wrong.... if it get´s ready during V1 it will be released, otherwise not ...sounds to me like that at least 

• Staff

It's a bigger job than it looks, and it's not on the roadmap. The 1.X roadmap is there to stop users having to read everything else to know what's going in.

If think you can tell I'm not going to commit to any timeline, sorry.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

1. Please add the bright color theme as a choice across the whole program and not only some background (meaning leaving the bars dark) some light grey shades would be welcomed, as nice as dark nearly black looks it is a real pain to work with when you suffer from LASIK side effects and your eyes can't focus on dark objects so well...

2. Very important, we have a 21st century now and super tiny bars, menus and so on on 2560x1600 or even better on 4k monitors are just impossible for comfortable work.

I know there is option to scale the whole windows but this is the worst scenario as it messes up everything else, many devs still refuse to acknowledge the need for larger interface and scaling whole windows by 200% on 1600p is not cutting maybe on 4k is sort of ok anything in between 100 and 200% is blurred and ugly.

So again please add a scaling option something like 130 - 150% maybe would do it or if you can do it some smooth % size slider.

Thanks

1. In Preferences | User Interface you can adjust the UI Gamma to lighten the UI. Unfortunately there will be no light UI scheme for version 1.x. 

2. We are fully DPI aware (my current laptop is 4K, and uses 250% zoom in Windows, my work Desktop is also 4K, but slightly larger, and uses 200% zoom) and scale correctly across all monitors. This is the best way of scaling the application's UI. If your other apps don't scale, that is unfortunately an issue for the developers of those applications.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.