You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Try restarting while holding Ctrl, then select all the boxes to reset all your settings.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

Hello, I have just installed the 1.5 update but every time i go print the app crashes, i have just cleared al by user settings to default, Have been using design for over a year and not once had a crash, I print art for a living so need this to be functioning correctly.

Please see the crash report attached..

Kind regards Karl

Crash report.rtf

• Staff

Hello, I have just installed the 1.5 update but every time i go pint the app crashes, i have just cleared al by user settings to default, Have been using design for over a year and not once had a crash, I print art for a living so need this to be functioning correctly.

Please see the crash report attached..

Kind regards Karl

We found a last minute issue with printing on macOS Sierra. There is an App Store version update waiting to be approved with a fix. The only workaround is to export and print using Preview or another utility. 

We are very sorry for this issue but the update should be passed soon.

I did reinstall it and the same thing happens.
On the other hand my husband did his install for the first time - never had Affinity Designer before and everything is OK.
I'm confused :/.
Neither of us use any virus apps.

Is it possible to give us the old version so we can at least work until the problem will be solved?
Guys - please help pour souls!

• Staff

I did reinstall it and the same thing happens.

On the other hand my husband did his install for the first time - never had Affinity Designer before and everything is OK.

I'm confused :/.

Neither of us use any virus apps.

Is it possible to give us the old version so we can at least work until the problem will be solved?

Guys - please help pour souls!

If you haven't use the trail before then that could work for you until we find the problem.

Hi gagatka

From the report you provided it seems like there could possibly be an issue with a font. Do you have any fonts installed on your machine that are not installed on your partner's and if so would you be able to try disabling them and seeing if you have any better luck running the app?

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi gagatka

From the report you provided it seems like there could possibly be an issue with a font. Do you have any fonts installed on your machine that are not installed on your partner's and if so would you be able to try disabling them and seeing if you have any better luck running the app?

Cheers

Hi Chris_K - the only problem is that I have a lot of fonts. But I will try! Thanks for the help - I'll let U know if it work.

• Staff

I tried reinstalling it again, but I get the same message. Please tell me how to go back to the older version I had that worked perfectly, the one i bought back in 2014!

Thank you!

You could use the trial from the Website. It's fully functional and will give you 10 days.  We will sort out the actual problem and update the App store version soon.

Hi gagatka

Cheers

Hello again Chris_K - I found it! But this is more than weird. When I disable 36 fonts from my list - Affinity Designer works - but when I try to disable them one by one it still crushes. So the solution for now is to have my 36 fonts killed and I can work. I attached screenshot with my fonts list - greens are the one that disabled make AD work.

And thank U for such a quick help - I can work again with my favorite app! Yaaay!

Hope this issue will be solved in the future :)

Cheers!

post-37950-0-54207100-1475774941_thumb.png