pualv

Unable (sometimes) to place copied shapes at new position

When I copy a shape (alt + drag or cmd-c cmd-v) and drag it, it does not always stay in the position I put it. It often jumps back to its previous position. Sometimes it will stay where I put it but then will jump back to this position when I try to position it again.

See attached video.

- new document

- create circle

- cmd-c, cmd-v to copy & paste

- move copy to new position

- copy stays where it's put (doesn't always do this...)

- change copy colour to orange

- move copy to right

- copy jumps back to original position

- go back 2 steps, repeat

OSX 10.11.6

AD 1.5

Hi pualv

I don't seem to be able to get this from fresh. Did you happen to have the assets panel visible at some point near the area you are moving the copy to? Also there does not seem to be a video attached to your post. Are you able to give attaching it a go?

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Just tried the universal problem solver (turning everything off and back on again) (Sorry, should've have done this before posting obv) and I can't recreate it either....

Cancel that – I can. It's doing it again.

Briefly. I couldn't recreate it but then I started working on something else and it came back. Here's another video.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By4Ym5DTSSusblZxRzR0T2Q0ZGM/view?usp=sharing

It seems to depend on where on the page the copy is moved to. On some parts of the page a tall thin rectangle appears over the circle. If the rectangle appears the copied shape will 'spring back' to its starting position when dropped. If the rectangle doesn't appear the copied shape will drop where it is, as expected, when released.

The video starts with things working as expected and then, when the shape is moved down the page, you can see the rectangle appear and it starts going wrong.

The same thing is happening to me. Most of the parts where I try to move my shape, that rectangle appears and return the shape to its original position. I have to move everything by using the keyboard arrows.

I already unchecked the snapping options but nothing changes.

Hi pualv

This is a bug that is caused after you drag an object into the Asset Panel and then close the Asset Panel. It thinks you are still trying to drag it into the Panel (as indicated by the faint blue bar in your video - this would have been where your asset panel was) and therefore the move will fail. This has now been fixed in 1.5.2 Beta 2 which you can download from here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/25937-affinity-designer-customer-beta-152-beta-2/