You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

It's PPI not DPI

I have created a new measurement that answers the age-old question: How many angels can dance on the end of a pin? BUT, I don't know whether to call the units of measurement "APP" (angels per pinhead) or "APEOSPT" (angels per end of sharp pointy thing)? This forum thread seems like the perfect place to ask for guidance!

In either case, you will need to add an additional field so the user can specify Round or Flat-headed pin.  ;)

In either case, you will need to add an additional field so the user can specify Round or Flat-headed pin.  ;)

Hah hah! But come on...take a screen shot of the preferences dialog and make the entry  :lol:

I'm not certain the article author knows that.

Agreed. It isn't clear whether the article author knew or not.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

There's a great cautionary tale ("The Horrible DPI Mistake") on this page.

There's a heap of issues in that article. I'm unsure if the author is explaining themselves poorly or just not entirely strong on the subject, but I honestly wouldn't recommend taking anything on that page as fact.

I know it is of no interest or affect  BUT  when I first decided to move to Affinity Photo one of the first confusions was its use of DPI!

Just Saying.

(oh, only thirty years plus as a photographer and printer with a fair few years in digital art)

Worked it out for myself----

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).